3-Point Hitch BX2660 3-point height

/ BX2660 3-point height #11  
I just bought a BX2660 on Tuesday and decided to hook up my 48" box blade today (Worksaver SBX-4)... It was a pain to get on, mostly because I had to lift the box blade up to get it into the holes. I figured the 3-point would lower more once I got the box blade attached, but it didn't - even with me standing on it in addition to the weight of the BB. In the lowest position, the eyes are 10" off the ground and my box blade is still 4" off the ground. In the highest position the eyes are 26" off the ground, which seems excessive. Is there something wrong with my 3-point?

Your three point hitch should practically fall on the ground if its fully released like most all of them to allow easy hitching. Do you have a three point hitch needle valve directly under the seat? It may be partially closed-FYI theres no need at all to lift an implement to mount it.

/ BX2660 3-point height #12  
Check pg 27 of your owners manual. Is the lifting rod (2) & (7) set in the holding plate (9) by chance? Also, make sure the adjustment on the lifting arm is set out to its maximum (7).

/ BX2660 3-point height #13  
Umm that link is only for tilt/balance adjustments - extending it to its max won't fix anything. This is a fundamental problem and I'm telling the dealer they must fix it or replace the tractor.

/ BX2660 3-point height #14  
Just to cross off the obvious, sometimes I have to step on one of the lower arms while holding the 3PH lever down to get mine to the fully lowered position. Without weight on the 3PH arms, they sometimes don't drop all the way down on their own. I assume you've tried that? If not, a simple check before sending it back to the dealer.

/ BX2660 3-point height #15  
I've measured before, and if I remember correctly, about 10 inches above the ground is as low as the hitch goes on a BX. Also, if my recollection is correct, that meets the dimensional requirement for standard Cat 1 hitches.

/ BX2660 3-point height #16  
I swear that my new BX2660 3PH went all the way down to the ground when I first got it several weeks ago. I had the back blade on it and it would lay flat on the ground. Today I was fooling around with it and the 3PH would only go down about half way. The back blade would not touch the ground. I even tried standing on it with the valve unscrewed almost all the way out. WTF?

/ BX2660 3-point height #17  
I swear that my new BX2660 3PH went all the way down to the ground when I first got it several weeks ago. I had the back blade on it and it would lay flat on the ground. Today I was fooling around with it and the 3PH would only go down about half way. The back blade would not touch the ground. I even tried standing on it with the valve unscrewed almost all the way out. WTF?
Try twisting the knob down between your legs.

/ BX2660 3-point height #19  
Won't that hurt.

:D I imagine it would LOL

re. the already mounted BB. I don't think these newer BX's (50 & 60 series) go very low as they were mounted alittle higher on the frame inorder to get more lift height.
You can try extending the toplink some as it may be binding it up.
If those lower links dropped enough for you to easily connect the boxblade up theres something thats definitely binding. Unless you had the boxblade up on blocks or something when it was connected....
Good luck.

Dave

/ BX2660 3-point height #20  
Try twisting the knob down between your legs.
I've tried that as I mention in my post. I also have a BX2200 on which the 3PH will lower all the way down. BTW, I've had tractors for 40 plus years.