BX2750 snowblower

/ BX2750 snowblower #121  
Back in 2005 a guy named Junkman also made the same type of hydraulic turning device for his BX2750.. I remember reading about it after reading this thread. Here is a link to this old post.

HI DUSTY,
I remember that guy.Ithink he was the one with the bx-22 with all the bells and whistles you could want for it.Ihad just started running a computer,and was a real green horn ,he chewed me out for using all capitol letters:D
Havent seen you on for a while ,DUSTY,nice to see ya again.Then again mabey youve been here,there are alot of people on here now to keep track of
ALAN

/ BX2750 snowblower #122  
Another winter approaching (or already here)... This is my first year with the 2750, and I have sheared 3 pins in less than 20minutes of use... looking over it I do not think gravel was a factor, would pushing/blowing wet snow too fast be a likely cause? (That I could see being an issue) but before I replace two more bolts, and then shear them too, I wanted to see if anyone has seen something else worth checking over that isn't obvious. Shaft is well lubed, gearbox seemed fine, the blower looked to be very low use before I bought it this summer.

Thanks in advance to the many TBN folks!

/ BX2750 snowblower #123  
I pushed 12 inches of heavy wet snow and slush in high range with the pedal to the floor and not one problem at all. So I doubt its the snow. I would say either something is binding or its the gravel.

/ BX2750 snowblower #124  
Hi Bassicfun,
The shear pins can break easily in use if they are over tightened when you install them. The torque spec is rather low on them, I dont recall it off the top of my head, but that would be something thats easy to check.

When they are over tightened, the bolt is in tension which makes it easier to snap it in shear.
Scott

/ BX2750 snowblower #125  
I have been knocking down some packed/icy snowbanks that my neighbor plowed. I only sheared a bolt when i hit some big gravel. Sounds like something is binding a little bit. try spinning the auger with out the pto hooked up. Maybe you can feel a high spot.

/ BX2750 snowblower #126  
Thanks for the help guys, I will check all of that, the inside of the housing says 9ft/lbs (or 108in/lbs)... Which I just installed 2 new shear bolts and tightened to that torque spec.... The left auger (as viewed from the front) seems like it has alot of play left to right (when the bolt isn't in)... a good 3/4" + slop, the right side doesn't mimick this.. anyone willing to shoot a couple pictures of the right and left auger edges and see if they are the same spacing or not?

/ BX2750 snowblower #127  
I will send a few pics tonight when i get home. But i dont think there is much slop from side to side with my blower. Maybe the bolts are shearing left to right. This would make sense seeing how the auger would want to push/spin itself to the outside. A few bushing should fix this problem.

/ BX2750 snowblower #128  
Love reading this forum. I just purchased a B2910 with a B2772 and a LA402. The problem is that if I am not mistaken you an not have the midmount for the snow blower attached with the fel on - correct? We should be getting snow over the next 2 weeks so I want to get the B2772 installed and make an electric shoot hack.

I hate to loose the fel but I am not sure if there is a way to have both with the front mounted FEL. Its not a big deal when its time to hook up the blower but not to have the FEL when you install the mid mount makes not sense at all.

Now I just have to figure how to remove the FEL the proper way so I can hook it back up easily. Thanks again and I love reading this thread.

/ BX2750 snowblower #129  
Love reading this forum. I just purchased a B2910 with a B2772 and a LA402. The problem is that if I am not mistaken you an not have the midmount for the snow blower attached with the fel on - correct? We should be getting snow over the next 2 weeks so I want to get the B2772 installed and make an electric shoot hack.

I hate to loose the fel but I am not sure if there is a way to have both with the front mounted FEL. Its not a big deal when its time to hook up the blower but not to have the FEL when you install the mid mount makes not sense at all.

Now I just have to figure how to remove the FEL the proper way so I can hook it back up easily. Thanks again and I love reading this thread.

You can leave the mid mount subframe on the tractor when you are using the fel. but it kills your ground clearance. It only takes an extra minute to take this off. Loosen a locking plate and undo a pin. For the extra minute its worth having the extra clearance.

/ BX2750 snowblower #130  
I have a B7510 with a brand new front blower that I just started using this year. I broke quite a few pins the first few times i used it. I think mainly this was due to going too fast and packing too much of the heavy stuff. What really torqued me (pun intended) was when the driveline snapped in half. Again it was very thick heavy snow and I was pushing too fast - although it didn't seem fast at the time. Seems to me Kubota could have made the driveline with sheer pins as well so it would not have cost so much to return to service.
Jim