BX2750 snowblower

/ BX2750 snowblower #131  
I have a B7510 with a brand new front blower that I just started using this year. I broke quite a few pins the first few times i used it. I think mainly this was due to going too fast and packing too much of the heavy stuff. What really torqued me (pun intended) was when the driveline snapped in half. Again it was very thick heavy snow and I was pushing too fast - although it didn't seem fast at the time. Seems to me Kubota could have made the driveline with sheer pins as well so it would not have cost so much to return to service.
Jim

I mentioned this on another thread, but I thought the B2750 was too light duty when I compared it to the rear-mount B2789 that I bought for my BX25 tractor, and now I am seeing several problems with the B2750 posted on TBN. I was also lead by a dealer to to believe that the (much stronger) B2789 could be mounted on the front, but then I called Kubota and they said no way - too heavy, and parts won't fit. So now I'm not sure what to think. In any case, I have my B2789 mounted on my rear 3-point hitch, and will look forward to blowing some serious snow up at the cottage this weekend. (Maybe a foot or so.) Hope the shear bolts hold out!

/ BX2750 snowblower #132  
I have a B7510 with a brand new front blower that I just started using this year. I broke quite a few pins the first few times i used it. I think mainly this was due to going too fast and packing too much of the heavy stuff. What really torqued me (pun intended) was when the driveline snapped in half. Again it was very thick heavy snow and I was pushing too fast - although it didn't seem fast at the time. Seems to me Kubota could have made the driveline with sheer pins as well so it would not have cost so much to return to service.
Jim

There's always the limited slip disc plate clutch option with the Euro Cardan shaft to eliminate those pesky issues with shear pins- drive forward and release the plug then reverse to start again.

/ BX2750 snowblower #133  
Thanks for the help guys, I will check all of that, the inside of the housing says 9ft/lbs (or 108in/lbs)... Which I just installed 2 new shear bolts and tightened to that torque spec.... The left auger (as viewed from the front) seems like it has alot of play left to right (when the bolt isn't in)... a good 3/4" + slop, the right side doesn't mimick this.. anyone willing to shoot a couple pictures of the right and left auger edges and see if they are the same spacing or not?

I will attach a pic of the auger and the spacing. I will have to wait till i break the next shear pin but i dont remember much slop from left to right.
23t5yso.jpg
[/IMG]

x3zh1z.jpg
[/IMG]

/ BX2750 snowblower #134  
stratton - No pics showed up. I am looking at the left side as viewed from the front... maybe a bushing is something I need to look at, depending on if mine looks different from what you share. (when you can) ;) Thanks!

/ BX2750 snowblower #135  
Thanks for the help guys, I will check all of that, the inside of the housing says 9ft/lbs (or 108in/lbs)... Which I just installed 2 new shear bolts and tightened to that torque spec.... The left auger (as viewed from the front) seems like it has alot of play left to right (when the bolt isn't in)... a good 3/4" + slop, the right side doesn't mimick this.. anyone willing to shoot a couple pictures of the right and left auger edges and see if they are the same spacing or not?

I noticed my new BX2750D also has more slop on the left auger, about 3/4". But I haven't sheared any auger bolts yet. I have sheared 3 fan bolts though. We had 9-12 iches of heavy snow last week and I think it was to much for the bolts. I slow down when the snow starts to pile up infront of the blower and you can hear it working. It also could have been caused by gravel.
Well its time to jump on the little BX1500 and clear out the 4-5 inches we picked up last night.

Mike

/ BX2750 snowblower #136  

Sounds like the outboard bearings are loose on the shaft

/ BX2750 snowblower #137  
I bought a used 2782 2 years ago and the first season, 100' without breaking a shear pin was great. Last year the chain broke and a new O-ring chain solved the problem. The old chain was a replacement and although I oiled it like crazy, there was a kink or link that was tight or frozen and with a little piece of wood or ice = broken shear pin.

/ BX2750 snowblower #138  
I have the BX2750 blower and it works great. I use as a rear mount, not as convenient maybe as front mount but a lot cheaper. I was in Bloomington, IL during this last blizzard to plow driveways, going through 3 & 4 foot drifts with no problems. I really believe that rear mount gives you better traction. Clear a driveway in 15 minutes! I would not spend extra money on front mounting, etc, not worth it.:)

Attachments

• Snow Downs 2011 00012.jpg
    Snow Downs 2011 00012.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 283
  • Snow Downs 2011 00017.jpg
    Snow Downs 2011 00017.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 411
  • Snow Downs 2011 00023.jpg
    Snow Downs 2011 00023.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 266
   / BX2750 snowblower #139  
The rear mount snowblower and the front loader seems like a good combination. With a long narrow driveway i didnt want to develop a crook in my neck. So the front mount for me was the only choice. Plus i have used the backhoe to pull cars back onto the driveway. The hill has claimed a few so far.

/ BX2750 snowblower #140  
I found a Kubota BX2750C for 1350, I believe but not absolutely sure its compatible with my BX23, is this correct?

Also, it appears to have be store inside from the images, any key points I should look at if I go to look at it? Known failures? Its about 100 miles off.

Will it fit in the bed of a Tacoma?

Thanks