BX2750 snowblower

/ BX2750 snowblower #11  
Thanks Tom!

I'll be hunting down some aluminum soon. I believe we have a few scrap pieces at work that would do the job. I knew there had to be an easier way to mount the motor without having welding skills. :)
My friend is coming over with two motors in a few min. I'm sure one of them will work.
Thanks again!
Keith
Kubota B7610

/ BX2750 snowblower #12  
Just curious; have you had problems with the rotator not working properly when you get snow built up in the cold?

/ BX2750 snowblower #14  
Just curious; have you had problems with the rotator not working properly when you get snow built up in the cold?

No problems with the rotator or deflector motors at all. Only problem was one day when I had one of the switches freeze on me. Once I had the engine running for a few minutes it thawed out.

/ BX2750 snowblower #15  
Has any one had a problem with sand and debris getting in under the chute and the Rotation bushing. The road crew uses a lot of sand on the roads and when they plow the roads it leave a lot of slop at the end of the driveway. To keep the chute rotating freely I have to disassmble the chute two or three times a year and clean out sand.

There is a flange on the base of the chute were the rotation teath are at. There are four 0.25in holes in the flange one on each side of the chute. These hole let all the road sand and debris get in on the rotation bushing. I can not see why they are in the flange.

With that being said I am planning on welding the hole over in an attempt at keeping some of the debris from getting in.

Anyone have any thoughts?

/ BX2750 snowblower #16  
Has any one had a problem with sand and debris getting in under the chute and the Rotation bushing. The road crew uses a lot of sand on the roads and when they plow the roads it leave a lot of slop at the end of the driveway. To keep the chute rotating freely I have to disassmble the chute two or three times a year and clean out sand.

There is a flange on the base of the chute were the rotation teath are at. There are four 0.25in holes in the flange one on each side of the chute. These hole let all the road sand and debris get in on the rotation bushing. I can not see why they are in the flange.

With that being said I am planning on welding the hole over in an attempt at keeping some of the debris from getting in.

Pkelly,

I just went and looked at my 2750 (just in case I'd lost my mind and hadn't seen them before) and my chute does not have those holes you describe. I'd say that they would have no practical reason for being there and it would not do any harm to close them up. My chute gets some grit underneath the chute, but it has never been an issue. I take it all apart and clean/grease the whole blower once a year anyway, but more for the fun of it than anything....never had the chute off out of necessity in mid-winter. From the temperature this morning, I suspect we'll be using them pretty soon. Dyer, retired

/ BX2750 snowblower #17  
Thanks John

I guess I was just looking for a little reassurance.

/ BX2750 snowblower #18  
Thanks John

I guess I was just looking for a little reassurance.

I wonder why yours had the holes in the base? I grease the base before I put the chute back on and that seems to keep the grit from working it's way up under too. I think you'll have much less trouble when the holes are sealed up. How much snow do you get through the winter in Utah? To make turning it even easier, I rigged up a hydraulic chute rotation system this spring, so I'm looking forward to having that capability this winter....it will certainly be faster than hand cranking. John

Attachments

• ChuteRotator1.jpg
    ChuteRotator1.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 1,047
   / BX2750 snowblower #19  

Stupid question but is there only one bolt holding each of the four brackets on? Dyer's pict in the last post shows two brackets each with two bolts in them. I know that the front two brackets have bolts coming through the blower frame holding it on. Maybe you are missing two? Oh, I believe you called it a flange. I'm not sure what it is but I know the four hold on the chute.

Like Dyer, I take the chute off of the blower, clean and grease the bushing just to be on the safe side. It might be **** but I also clean and touchup paint the metal and then throw a coat of butchers wax on it to prevent the snow from sticking.

Keith

/ BX2750 snowblower #20  
To make turning it even easier, I rigged up a hydraulic chute rotation system this spring, so I'm looking forward to having that capability this winter....it will certainly be faster than hand cranking. John

I like the looks of that! Was that your own modification? I'm thinking I need to do something similar.

I recently traded in my 2000 BX2200 for a BX2660. The dealer said I'd be able to use the blower (a BX2750) and quick hitch with the new tractor after a few modifications.

I'm not satisfied with the modification that was done to accomodate the manual chute rotation. A bracket was clamped to the hydraulic control lever to hold the chute rotator rod. (See photo) I've tried using it and as I turn the rod I ram the hydraulic control lever left and right. And the blower sits further in front of the tractor now, so the two piece rod for the chute rotation is extended further and it flexes as you attempt to rotate it. The flex combined with the lever moving back and forth means you cannot completely turn it unless you stabilize the rod with your left hand and turn the handle with your right.

I'm told that is now the standard hookup now for the BX2660. I'd love to hear from anyone else using this setup. I was quoted $350 to go electric rotation and $750 for hydraulic rotation. I'd appreciate any feedback on these options as well.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0292.JPG
    IMG_0292.JPG
    512.5 KB · Views: 870