C.A.V. Injector pump problems?

/ C.A.V. Injector pump problems? #21  
I have a Misubishi 4501d. bought used and ran fine. bad clutch and trans. fixed both in 3 months. now i have zero fuel at the injectors. How do i bleed air on this pump? any help?

/ C.A.V. Injector pump problems? #22  
Greetings to all members

pls. can any one assist and guide me on the pressure pipe connections of cav rotary injector pump to nozzles. mine have been vandalized so i just don't know which pipe goes where i.e say nozzle pressure pipe 1 connects to which corresponding injector outlet. The tractor is MF 260 4 cylinder. thanks

/ C.A.V. Injector pump problems? #23  
Hello, I am new to this forum so bear with me, I have read most of the response and see some are several years old. I have a fuel injection pump issue, I believe to be self inflicted problem. I purchased an older Ford 2600 Diesel with a CAV injection pump, which has been setting several year, and like most I have read about was leaking around the shut off valve, other than the leak it did run good. I got the top end seal kit and proceed to install. During the stalling of seals I dropped the pin and spring that go thru governor arm. Thinking the spring might have went into pump I removed pump to rotate and get spring out. At this time I did take off governor arm and plate, (now after a long day of looking for spring I found it in my shop) So I proceeded to reinstall all items along with new seals, on pump I marked shaft as to not to rotate which I thought would make installing easier. Long story short it will start, at about 1800 rpm, and go up to 2100 rpm but it will not idle down. Shut off works fine, pump no longer leaks, I have taken pump apart several times looking a diagrams, videos, making sure governor arm is in proper position, and all other parts are in proper positions, even bought a new spring for the pin. At this time I am lost as to what I missed or over looked, wondering has anyone else experienced this? My next step if I cant find an answer will be to take off and take it to my local pump shop which has told me a ruff estimate of 650 to rebuild.....

/ C.A.V. Injector pump problems? #24  
Are you sure you got the right set of holes in the tombstone and spring. I know it's a dumb question - but I had to ask. If you can get all the numbers off the pump bring them into the shop. I am pretty sure one set should be a code that tells which holes should be used for that installation.

gg

/ C.A.V. Injector pump problems? #25  
Are you sure you got the right set of holes in the tombstone and spring. I know it's a dumb question - but I had to ask. If you can get all the numbers off the pump bring them into the shop. I am pretty sure one set should be a code that tells which holes should be used for that installation.

gg

That was one of my first concerns, after checking with the shop, they reaffirmed I was in the proper holes for the pump.

/ C.A.V. Injector pump problems? #26  
IF your certain you have the spring in the correct position on the throttle shaft & gov.
THEN you missed the slot on the throttle.. the square on the throttle lever IS NOT engaged w. the throttle shaft properly..
Remove it & you'll see what I'm taking about..
OR the gov. spring is sitting on the outside of the throttle link.. the throttle link/pivot MUST GO thru the CENTER of the spring..
Good luck & post back.. TPG

/ C.A.V. Injector pump problems? #27  
Thanks for the insight Gordon and the pump guy, I found my problem and fixed early this morning. Two issues, first the throttle lever was not engaging like you stated, and second I had for gotten that I had replaced the plastic connecter from the throttle lever the to the throttle handle, when I changed it I just set against the set nut like the original. Not thinking about adjusting it because the old one was taped together........long story short it works great now thanks to your insight. I knew I was close to the issue but was looking at the wrong area.