Cab for snow throwing (GC2400)

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400)
25 degrees and 20-25MPH lite breezes blowing that lovely blown snow straight into my face.

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #13  
Anyone tried to build or use a cab for use when snow blowing with their GC23/2400?

Looks like we may have winter #2 with significant snow here in the MidAtlantic.

Hey blackd, try doing a search for Sims Cab Depot, or use the link below, :thumbsup:.

Sims Cab Depot - Tractor Cabs and Cab Enclosures - Indy Cab - Massey Ferguson GC2410, GC2610

The one I have is for the backhoe and has a soft style rear panel, :licking:.

Oh yes, do not forget to get the heaterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, :thumbsup:. Good luck, KC :D :D :D

MFRed, thanks for the suggestion, wow! That cab is higher priced than the blower. BTW, I found them early on in my quest, and because of their prices decided they were too high for our level of snow work here.

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #15  
Anyone tried to build or use a cab for use when snow blowing with their GC23/2400?

Looks like we may have winter #2 with significant snow here in the MidAtlantic.

I don't like the confines of a cab when it isn't snow season, and have found this snowmobile helmet to be the best of both worlds for me.

Attachments

• helmetb.JPG
    helmetb.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 231
   / Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #16  
Prior to purchasing my 2310 I had used a Sears garden tractor for snowthrowing. Putting a Sears three sided cab made a huge differance in the throwing experiance. I was able to throw with a light jacket rather than the rainsuit and all the other gear. Maybe a light tubing framework and soft cover sewn locally would be a cheaper solution that is easily removable come spriing.

After many hours of research, I have made my drawing for the cab. I will frame it with 1X2" oak, with the corner posts and stress points 2X2 oak. Lexan windows and 1/4" B/C plywood skin. Overall size will be in the 40"W X 65"L 52"H range.

Why the oak? I have lots of it. Why wood? I have lots of it and all the needed tools. Estimated total at this point is <$300. BTW, the Lexan is the most expensive item (~$200) as I want many windows. So if I want to lower price, fewer windows will be needed.

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #18  
After many hours of research, I have made my drawing for the cab. I will frame it with 1X2" oak, with the corner posts and stress points 2X2 oak. Lexan windows and 1/4" B/C plywood skin. Overall size will be in the 40"W X 65"L 52"H range.

Why the oak? I have lots of it. Why wood? I have lots of it and all the needed tools. Estimated total at this point is <$300. BTW, the Lexan is the most expensive item (~$200) as I want many windows. So if I want to lower price, fewer windows will be needed.
Share the drawings, we are all interested in seeing them. Or start a seperate build thread and show your progress.

Lot's of people have used wood, metal, and even PVC pipe:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/162238-tractor-cab-built-pvc.html

But please, share your progress.:thumbsup:

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #19  
irvingj said:
...And don't forget the head sock! My motorcycle cranium warmer really helps when blowing "cabless"!:D

I prefer the fashion statement of a Mad Bomber hat. :)

/ Cab for snow throwing (GC2400) #20  
Cheaper alternative: Goggles, A Hat, a Carhardt Jump Suit and a few nips of Wild Turkey when you get back in the house..:thumbsup:

Cheaper alternative: Snow plow. :thumbsup: