Cab or no Cab

/ Cab or no Cab #51  
Let's ask another question. You're looking at 2 Kioti DK45s, equally equipped, both new, and same money (one can dream). If one has a factory cab, and the other doesn't, which would you get?

That's easy. I'd have to take the cab. If I brought that home I'm pretty sure I'd be living in it as soon as the management found out about it.:D

/ Cab or no Cab #52  
This is not a question... And is unfair to even assume a cabbed utility tractor has no loader! Open station with the loader wins hands down. Unless you already have a loader tractor, then the cab is the wise choice.

CT
Life is not fair. Lets say you had enough for the base tractor fitted out but only $7K left in your budget. Both the loader and the cab cost $7K. You must choose.

/ Cab or no Cab #53  
Let's ask another question. You're looking at 2 Kioti DK45s, equally equipped, both new, and same money (one can dream). If one has a factory cab, and the other doesn't, which would you get?

Now who is being unfair? Asking your poor Kioti dealer to sell a cab tractor for the same money as the OS is very unfair.

/ Cab or no Cab #54  

Hmmmmm, let me ponder this for .0000007 seconds. Yup, made up my mind, I'll take the cab :D

/ Cab or no Cab #55  
. A Cab just makes the operator more comfortable D

And a comfortable operator will be able to work longer with out fatigue or inclement weather.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Cab or no Cab #56  
And a comfortable operator will be able to work longer with out fatigue or inclement weather.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
Yes but tractor productivity is usually limited by the width and weight of the tool that can be pulled. You can change operators mid day but you can't throw on extra horse power or bigger tires.
Operator comfort and or fatigue is a real factor but usually not the limiting one.

/ Cab or no Cab #57  
Operator comfort and or fatigue is a real factor but usually not the limiting one.

August... Louisiana... 100+ degrees, 90+% humidity... Daylight till after dark, hayfields, open station tractors without canopies. Discomfort and fatigue set in before you run out of fuel. I'd rather not do it like that anymore.

CT

/ Cab or no Cab #58  
:hot: I-89 In New Hampshire. Cant see to cant see, 95 in the shade but there ain't no shade.3500 tons of mix at 305 deg F. They don't make cabbed pavers or rollers. I am not going to do that any more!!!

/ Cab or no Cab #59  
Have both and I still like the open station over the cab. As far as removing limbs goes, that's fine if you only have a few trails you drive on but I log the trees that are in distress for firewood. If each time I did I cut a path so a cab could get there it would double or triple the time it takes. Plus low branches, fallen branches, and ground cover make for a much healthier forest. Lots of small animals need it to live. But my biggest reason for not liking a cab is the type of work I do usually requires me to get in and out (or on and off) the tractor often. I find doors just a pain. If they could be removed on a cut then I would me much more open owning one. Of course I really don't mind the cold weather so snow removal in freezing temps is not an issue for me. Another pain that only cabs have is mice. The dam things love to find the duct work and make nests. Nothing is worse than 100º heat cooking mouse p^ss.

Now if I was plowing a field, brush hogging, or any other type of work where I was going to be exposed to heat, insects, and the other nasty things mother nature will throw at you I would have a cab. If I had a logging winch I also would be more open to having a cab (assuming I could remove the doors). But $5k plus for a cab and another $3k for a winch is quite a bit of money. If I was to buy another tractor it most likely would be a cab.

/ Cab or no Cab #60  
For me a cab in the woods is a problem. I will probably not get another one for the woods (and most of my property is woods). However, for pushing snow you can't beat it. I have torn off a door and broken 2 windows not to mention the bent cab panels. You start out careful and with each incident you care a little less. Its like a new truck that you use in the woods. If you have 2 or more tractors and are going to be in the woods a lot I would get 1 without a cab.
Also, one more thing to consider is the added effort of climbing around the door and out of the cab each time you adjust the blade angle etc. To me it adds up.
If you are working in the open in the heat, cold or rain they are a great idea.