Buying Advice Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #12  
I bought a 25hp Cabelas tractor just before this was made public. I have in hand a letter from Cabelas that they will honor the warranty that they made. If they can't do the work, they would facilitate it. Now why in the world would Tym Pay for the repair? Cabelas would pay the Tym dealer for the warranty work if the Tym dealer performed it. Tym didn't sell the tractor, Cabelas did. Same with the Woods implements. Woods might repair under warranty, but Cabelas PAYS.
You can get a good deal now and they are all good tractors. Not like they were built knowing they were shutting down. Btw, I bought the belly mower the other day, they picked up my tractor Wednesday afternoon on time, due back today.... They delivered to me on Thursday afternoon, a day early and chided my wife about me not greasing the lift, After the tech had greased everything! I got the mower installed for $1200 off the original price of $1895. No way to beat that. Go negotiate with them further. Bet they will add a box blade, or give you a further discount. I'm not working for them, but I'll say that this service after the sale right now is better than I could have expected and I really hate they are going to stop the line. Better service than any car purchase I ever made. Oh, Btw, get 2%additional back with Their Cabelas rewards card.... (not credit card)

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #13  
Thats a low shot.

I agree. Sounds like a cheap shot to me. I'd really like to know where SR came across that piece of information.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #14  
You guys sure are fast to judge me!

You know, many times on this site, I just don't answer a post like this. I just wait it out and sooner or later it comes out that I was right and the nay-sayers look stupid, but I decided to go ahead and answer this one...

I have not, nor will I ever, post something that I didn't get from a good source...

One of my GOOD FRIENDS is a TYM dealer, and he was specifically told that from his rep...

SO, I take it you guys calling me out know better than HE does on this subject???

SR

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #15  
LOL. That's about what I figured for proof. You take a cheap shot at a guy based on something your "friend" told you and then claim to be the "victim" who is being "judged" when asked about it and claim people are "calling you out". Wow, talk about creating drama. If you don't' want to be part of the discussion then don't' make comments like you did. When you make comments like that it's no surprise to be asked for more information about it. Nobody is calling you out or judging you. Relax.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #16  
REALLY accusing me of taking a "cheap shot" isn't calling me out???

I guess I live in a different part of the world where folks don't do that...

I also guess that "I" had to be there to hear the rep say it, or it doesn't count...got it!

SR

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #17  
I am a newbie to country life. In a nutshell I have been looking at Kubotas and Deere. With that said now that Cabela's is discontinuing their tractor line they have DEEPLY discounted them. I have a quote on a 55 hp, hydrostatic, cab tractor. They are asking $25,166.99 for the tractor alone. My biggest fear is parts and service. BUT with Kubota and Deere I would be paying at LEAST $10,000 more for the tractor alone. Please I need some help here. Should I just pay more and get a Kubota or Deere or am I over thinking this? Thank you. Please be honest and don't sugar coat.

WHat is the cost with the FEL?

If the price was right compared to a TYM dealership for the same machine I would not hesitate.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #18  
The way it looks it all comes out the same in the end its just how it is labeled. As stated above TYM isn't paying their dealers to do the warranty work on Cabelas sold tractors. Cabelas is paying the TYM dealer to do the repair if they don't do it. In the near future it looks like Cabelas is still doing the work. What I would be concerned on is if Cabelas sold out to someone if they would still honor the warranty yet.

So TYM backs their labeled tractors like always. Cabelas is backing their tractors right now or paying to back the tractors they sold under their label by the local TYM dealer or another repair shop.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #19  
REALLY accusing me of taking a "cheap shot" isn't calling me out???

I guess I live in a different part of the world where folks don't do that...

I also guess that "I" had to be there to hear the rep say it, or it doesn't count...got it!

SR

I don't believe you were taking a cheap shot at all, just passing on what you had heard. You're a stand up guy from all of the posts that I have seen.

If that report is true, I don't understand why TYM would do that. It would only hurt the brand long term. If I were TYM, I would jump all over extending MANUFACTURER'S warranty to the owners. Cabelas was not the manufacturer.

I guess there is the possibility Cabelas did something regrettable like buying the tractors without TYM's warranty to cut prices. It wouldn't be the first time an American company did something like that. In which case there is a legitimate concern.

That all said, the OP's reference sounds like a screaming out the door deal and he'd have a lot of money in his pocket to deal with POSSIBLE issues. I'd dig into the warranty more if I were in the market for a tractor and make an informed decision.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #20  
If it saves you $10K, then what is the problem?! That money pays for a LOT of repairs if you were to pay out of pocket- but you don't have to- Cabela's is standing behind their sale of the tractor to you. Buy it, or not; why pay $10K more for anything, green or orange...:confused2: