Buying Advice Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #21  
Its likely that TYM is not doing warranty now on Cabelas tractors because Cabelas is. Then when Cabelas is out of the tractor business then they may take them on from there and do the remainder of the warranty work. It probably wont be much as I have 2 of them and have only had one warranty repair, a fuel shut off solenoid.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #22  
That sounds like a lot of tractor for 25k.

I'd have to look closer at the specs but it doesn't sound that great, my MX was only slightly more with FEL. 25k for just a tractor if I'm reading it right doesn't get me really excited price wise.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #23  
Woods won't touch a Cabela's branded implement for repairs. I emailed them before buying my grapple and was told very clearly that it was Cabela's or nothing for warranty service.

Since I can weld and there's only 2 cylinders on the thing, I bought one anyway. I've been skeptical of the whole arrangement from day 1.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #24  
I don't believe you were taking a cheap shot at all, just passing on what you had heard. You're a stand up guy from all of the posts that I have seen.

If that report is true, I don't understand why TYM would do that. It would only hurt the brand long term. If I were TYM, I would jump all over extending MANUFACTURER'S warranty to the owners. Cabelas was not the manufacturer.

I guess there is the possibility Cabelas did something regrettable like buying the tractors without TYM's warranty to cut prices. It wouldn't be the first time an American company did something like that. In which case there is a legitimate concern.

That all said, the OP's reference sounds like a screaming out the door deal and he'd have a lot of money in his pocket to deal with POSSIBLE issues. I'd dig into the warranty more if I were in the market for a tractor and make an informed decision.

Agree, I did't see it as a low shot either. He actually was providing the OP some good info. Probably could have stated the source but maybe he didn't feel the need.

I'm also in the camp of that is a lot of tractor. You can probably get a 30hp kubota or look at Mahindra since they seem to have a very good loader lift capacity per HP and are great tractors. I don't know man, don't want to offend the TYM guys but I think I would go with something with a real dealer within 40 miles. If you have a TYM dealer nearby, then maybe it is the right tractor.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #25  
I'd have to look closer at the specs but it doesn't sound that great, my MX was only slightly more with FEL. 25k for just a tractor if I'm reading it right doesn't get me really excited price wise.
It has a cab. Does your MX. Cabela's is selling LM 55 Cab tractor with loader for under $29,000 right now. Not a bad deal. Not sure why TYM would not cover warrantee work. TYM would be supplying the parts that need fixing( except the loader since its Woods). I guess they don't want to be out labor costs. But I guess if qualiTY Matters they should not break much.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #26  
I didn't take SR's comment as a cheap shot at all. In fact, I am trying to figure out how it could be interpreted that way, and the only thing I can come up with is it might offend someone who works for Cabelas or bought a Cabelas tractor, since it might imply they are less desirable. That's really a risk/problem between Cabelas and its customers and not something the general TBN membership needs to worry about or tiptoe around.

I have to agree with earlier comments that the Cabelas tractor arrangement seemed strange from the beginning. They took TYM tractors with a funky paint job and then marked up the price quite a bit. It's like they were basing their business model on some sort of Cabelas magic that would make customers overlook the fact that they could get a true TYM for less.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #27  
When I talked to the sales guy at Cabela's in Owattona, MN, he said that cooperate was working out deals to have service work done. He did say that the warranty would be the same length of time as the TYM warranty. He said he wasn't the main tractor salesman so I take what he said with a grain of salt.

As for the tractor, you are getting a pretty well equipped tractor for the price. When I looked at JD, you not only pay a premium for the name but every little thing seemed like an optional extra, so your somewhat reasonable price can balloon quickly.

It seems to me that the Korean tractors, TYM, LS, Branson are like the Korean automakers Kia & Hyundai. They are less known brands but they jam pack options in to their cars and sell them at a reasonable price. JD and Kubota seem more like German cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi) well built but pricey and few standard features.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #28  
I have to admit I have NO experience with TYM at all. It's possible they are a great tractor for the money. Any long time TYM owners that can comment on their overall quality?

Don't forget to consider resale value in your decision. Kubota holds their value very well.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #29  
A low shot? Why would you say that?

SR

Because it's a TYM and it's new so TYM dealers should honor the warranty. Like a car. Just because you bought it at Joe Blow sales and it needs warranty work, don'r mean you have to go to Joe Blow sales for that. Same thing applies here.... So thats a low shot by TYM. I suspect there are some less than warm feelings between Cabelas and TYM North America.

Why Cabelas would consider selling urility tractors in the first place puzzles me. Seems like a poor corporate decision.

BTW, last night I spent a long time on the TYM website. Look like quality built Korean tractors to me. One thing I did't like was none of the bigger ones (65-105 horse) come with a hydraulic shuttle, all gear drive with a dry single plate clutch and my preference is a hydraulic shuttle for loader work....of course the larger ones are DEF too.

/ Cabela's Tractor Help PLEASE #30  
One odd thing I noticed on the TYM site is they have a multiple speed PTO option, 540 - 750 and 1000 but the output stub remains unchanged, ASAE 6 spline. Industry standard for safety reasons dictates a spline change above 540 (ASAE 32 spline) so you can't couple a 540 drive to a 750 or 1000 rpm output. I find that odd.

My Kubota's both have the optional 1000 pto and the output stub is reverseable, one end is 6 spline, the other is 32 spline.