Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners...

/ Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners... #11  
hymar88 :

Can`t help you alot other than only guy I know with DX18E wishes he had spent extra for more hp. If you think your going to use anything other than mower , go for more power. I have DX 24E with 54 " mower ,5` blade , 48" tiller and 50" front mount snowblower. The only thing my tractor even notices for power is the blower and I am very satisfied with that as well but would not want any less power with it ! Only debate I am having right now is whetheror not to put front end loader on . /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Maybe I should trade entire package for larger unit so I could have one more up on my service manager who has 2 less hp than me and may be reading this ! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners... #12  
Okay, I know my machine is a little bigger than the E series under discussion, but I found it interesting that the only problem I've had so far has also been an apparently improperly installed O ring on the high pressure line coming out of hydraulic pump. I lost about a half gallon of fluid, but got 4 free rings and a free gallon of Hy Tran Ultra from the dealer and fixed it myself.

Seems like someone over there in the factory needs to go to O ring installation school.

/ Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners... #13  
Okay, I know my machine is a little bigger than the E series under discussion, but I found it interesting that the only problem I've had so far has also been an apparently improperly installed O ring on the high pressure line coming out of hydraulic pump. I lost about a half gallon of fluid, but got 4 free rings and a free gallon of Hy Tran Ultra from the dealer and fixed it myself.

Seems like someone over there in the factory needs to go to O ring installation school.

/ Calling any DX24E & DX18E owners...
After logging 180 hours on my DX24E, and a good 40 hours on a BX22 TLB, I have to say that I prefer the little Kubota. I keep finding the weak points on my little machine. I realize it may not be a completely fair comparison, as the BX22 is a bit more heavily reinforced due to the backhoe, but there is way too much frame flex (in my opinion) on my machine when using the FEL.

I have tired of the numerous small breaks that my machine has experienced - right now it's up at the dealership getting a new sheet metal rear fender assembly because the seat mount cracked it. I noticed that the seat mount on the little Kubota is attached directly to the frame. I am glad all of the issues have been covered under warranty so far, and the red color attracts the bees much less than orange does.

My machine does do a beautiful job of mowing with the 60" mid mount deck.

Honestly, the features that made me chose my machine over the BX2230 (curved loader arms, roomier operator platform, better 3 pt hitch) have all been erased by Kubota with the new BX2350. My machine was $500 more than the BX, but it seems that CNH has significantly raised their prices since then. I can tell you that according to my dealership, who sells Kubota, Case, and New Holland, they see less of the small Kubotas in for warranty work than they do the small Case and NH machines, and they sell more of the Kubotas than the combined Case and NH machines by a 4 to 1 margin. Also keep in mind that my dealership sells a ton of the very large Case ag machines all over the region as there are no Kubota offerings, so they are a very big CNH dealer. I think CNH needs to dial up their QC on the smaller machines if they want to really compete in that market segment.

After logging 180 hours on my DX24E, and a good 40 hours on a BX22 TLB, I have to say that I prefer the little Kubota. I keep finding the weak points on my little machine. I realize it may not be a completely fair comparison, as the BX22 is a bit more heavily reinforced due to the backhoe, but there is way too much frame flex (in my opinion) on my machine when using the FEL.

I have tired of the numerous small breaks that my machine has experienced - right now it's up at the dealership getting a new sheet metal rear fender assembly because the seat mount cracked it. I noticed that the seat mount on the little Kubota is attached directly to the frame. I am glad all of the issues have been covered under warranty so far, and the red color attracts the bees much less than orange does.

My machine does do a beautiful job of mowing with the 60" mid mount deck.

Honestly, the features that made me chose my machine over the BX2230 (curved loader arms, roomier operator platform, better 3 pt hitch) have all been erased by Kubota with the new BX2350. My machine was $500 more than the BX, but it seems that CNH has significantly raised their prices since then. I can tell you that according to my dealership, who sells Kubota, Case, and New Holland, they see less of the small Kubotas in for warranty work than they do the small Case and NH machines, and they sell more of the Kubotas than the combined Case and NH machines by a 4 to 1 margin. Also keep in mind that my dealership sells a ton of the very large Case ag machines all over the region as there are no Kubota offerings, so they are a very big CNH dealer. I think CNH needs to dial up their QC on the smaller machines if they want to really compete in that market segment.

OK, I've about had it with CNH and their complete lack of organization! This isn't the first time something like this has happened, either.

I brought my machine up to the dealer first thing Saturday morning to get the fender replaced, expecting to go pick it back up before the dealer closed at 3pm. At noon, I got a call saying that the power had been out, and still was out, and they weren't going to get it done before they closed, so it'd be finished Monday morning. I was planning on heading up today to pick it up, and after not hearing anything by 3pm, I called, only to find out that CNH did not include the safety decals when they sent out the new fender, so they had to be ordered. So, I probably can't pick up my tractor till Wednesday because the service dept. won't let it out the door without the safety decals, leaving themselves open to a potential lawsuit if I do something stupid.

I went into the parts dept on Saturday to get a new fuel filter, as the time to change it is coming up, and the dealer is an hour from my house, so when it is time, I don't want to make a trip for an $8 filter. Turns out that CNH doesn't include the rubber gasket with the fuel filter (like every other fuel filter mfr. does) and it needs to be ordered separately. Whoever ordered made the assumption that the filters came with the gaskets, so didn't order them separately, so they had none.

Freakin unbelievable - I can't get my machine, and my back lawn needs to be cut again - I cut it the end of last week figuring I'd be without the mower deck for a few days. I hate letting it get too tall because I have to rake up the clippings once they get too long, as the grass has really come in thick. What's worse is I need to sharpen the blades, and was hoping to do it tonight before putting the deck back on and mowing tomorrow, and I need to lift the deck with the FEL. The mower deck and FEL are sitting in my barn, but they don't do me any good without my tractor. Looks like I've got to go borrow the Kubota again.

What a pain.

OK, I've about had it with CNH and their complete lack of organization! This isn't the first time something like this has happened, either.

I brought my machine up to the dealer first thing Saturday morning to get the fender replaced, expecting to go pick it back up before the dealer closed at 3pm. At noon, I got a call saying that the power had been out, and still was out, and they weren't going to get it done before they closed, so it'd be finished Monday morning. I was planning on heading up today to pick it up, and after not hearing anything by 3pm, I called, only to find out that CNH did not include the safety decals when they sent out the new fender, so they had to be ordered. So, I probably can't pick up my tractor till Wednesday because the service dept. won't let it out the door without the safety decals, leaving themselves open to a potential lawsuit if I do something stupid.

I went into the parts dept on Saturday to get a new fuel filter, as the time to change it is coming up, and the dealer is an hour from my house, so when it is time, I don't want to make a trip for an $8 filter. Turns out that CNH doesn't include the rubber gasket with the fuel filter (like every other fuel filter mfr. does) and it needs to be ordered separately. Whoever ordered made the assumption that the filters came with the gaskets, so didn't order them separately, so they had none.

Freakin unbelievable - I can't get my machine, and my back lawn needs to be cut again - I cut it the end of last week figuring I'd be without the mower deck for a few days. I hate letting it get too tall because I have to rake up the clippings once they get too long, as the grass has really come in thick. What's worse is I need to sharpen the blades, and was hoping to do it tonight before putting the deck back on and mowing tomorrow, and I need to lift the deck with the FEL. The mower deck and FEL are sitting in my barn, but they don't do me any good without my tractor. Looks like I've got to go borrow the Kubota again.

What a pain.

The problem starts at CNH. My machine has spent way more time in for warranty work than it should have. I have the opportunity to see similar subcompacts by different manufacturers side-by-side on a regular basis. There is a closer dealer that sells Kubota & NH, and they see the same things.

When the time comes to move up a size, I won't be buying another CNH product, even though on paper, I think they have a slight edge. In the real world, their QC is lacking. Sorry if I offended any of you with red or blue running through your veins, but I'm the one dealing with all of these issues with this machine. Maybe the larger compacts are built a lot better, but I'm not taking another chance on CNH - companies need to earn my business, and in this day and age, they get only one chance to sell me a reliable product. If they can't do it the first time, then they don't get my money a second time.