Camp house Build

/ Camp house Build #31  
Looks like a great project.
It would be very easy to go back and put lag screws in the floor joists at the support posts. I like using screws and lag screws to keep things tight and prevents the problem of nails working out and getting loose over time.
Also, putting some diagonal bracing on the "legs" would probably be a great idea. Also makes for something to attach "skirting" to later.

Looks like you are doing a great job and will have a nice hunting cabin where many fond memories will be made.

Looking forward to more updates.

/ Camp house Build
Continuing to make progress. Next up is sheathing, rigid insulatioun, and metal roof. Almost done with the big visually interesting stuff. Soon we will be working on the tedious electrical and plumbing.

20180415_110559.jpg

/ Camp house Build #33  
Man, those are million dollar trees.

Live Oak?

/ Camp house Build
Sheathing is done. Man, if only we'd made it 6:12 instead ...

20180512_135727.jpg

/ Camp house Build #36  
yeh generally I consider 6/12 the steepest that can be "walked" of course guys that do it every day will walk much steeper......whats that pitch.....looks like 8 or 9?.......Jack

/ Camp house Build
It's 8:12. I can walk up it but not down. I wanted to install ZIP but my BOL didn't want the extra cost. Felt paper is going to be a major pain. I did a little research and looks like installing vertical is approved as long as the overlap is sufficient. I think that's what we are going to do.

/ Camp house Build #38  
Having that equipment is a lifesaver on some of that roofing and gable end work, it looks real nice.

/ Camp house Build
Roof finished and house wrap installed. Just finished trimming out the soffits and fascia. Next up is siding.

20180715_184658.jpg