Camp house Build

/ Camp house Build #41  
You got it coming along nicely, keep the pictures coming, I have a similar thread about my camp that I am building that hopefully I will have some pictures soon as I am going to start on my siding and soffit this coming up weekend.

/ Camp house Build #42  
Nice progress. I'm looking forward to seeing all the trim and siding pics!!!

/ Camp house Build #44  
I've not seen the paper run up the slope like that, I can see it lets you do the paper+tin without having to get crazy moving the ladder back and forth.

/ Camp house Build
I've not seen the paper run up the slope like that, I can see it lets you do the paper+tin without having to get crazy moving the ladder back and forth.

The roof is 8:12 pitch and we overlapped the felt by 8 inches. Someone is probably going to say it isn't "code" approved but I am confident with the installation. Yes, it did make the installation much easier.

/ Camp house Build #46  
I like your ladder for the roof.

Is that foam the only insulation that you will have for the ceiling?

Are you going to try to get your sheer wall strength by using OSB or Plywood on the interior walls?

/ Camp house Build
Is that foam the only insulation that you will have for the ceiling?

Are you going to try to get your sheer wall strength by using OSB or Plywood on the interior walls?

it is 2 inches of foam, which should be around R12. We will add insulation underneath the roof decking later if it needs it. We will mostly be using the house Fall, Winter, and Spring. Summer is way too hot out here for recreation.

Yes, 1/2 OSB will be on all of the interior walls. I also drove large construction screws every 3 feet down through the wall bottom plate and into the 2 x 10 beams.

Last edited: