Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020)

/ Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #21  
My 2 cents!
My frost plug heater quit on me so I used 2 ea (300 watts ea) of the magnetic units but after 24 hours my CUT would not start.
They seem to heat the air more than the oil pan.

With my frost plug (400 watts) unit generally I only need slightly over an hour of preheat.
Friend uses the radiator hose type and he experiences excellent results

A frost plug unit and timer (or remote switching) is my advice.

/ Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #22  
The problem with a radiator hose inline heater is these are subcompact tractors, so clearance is a big issue.

My GC doesn't appear to have a straight section long enough to install a heater.

Not sure why they stopped making the GC block heaters. You would think with the ridiculous price they charged for them, they would want to keep that gravy train going.

If you are a new owner, I would make plans, but wait to see if you actually need it, before getting too concerned.

Mine has always started just fine without it. You do have to remember that you can't start it the same way you do in warm weather. You will need to open the throttle some, and use much longer glow plug times. If it doesn't start after cranking for 5 seconds, go back to running the glow plugs some more, or you're just going to run down the battery.

/ Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #23  
The problem with a radiator hose inline heater is these are subcompact tractors, so clearance is a big issue.

My GC doesn't appear to have a straight section long enough to install a heater.

Not sure why they stopped making the GC block heaters. You would think with the ridiculous price they charged for them, they would want to keep that gravy train going.

If you are a new owner, I would make plans, but wait to see if you actually need it, before getting too concerned.

Mine has always started just fine without it. You do have to remember that you can't start it the same way you do in warm weather. You will need to open the throttle some, and use much longer glow plug times. If it doesn't start after cranking for 5 seconds, go back to running the glow plugs some more, or you're just going to run down the battery.
I bought one for my 2010 GC2400 part# 4269250M91.
thats supposed to fit GC23xx series also.

part # 4330274M91 - Block Heater Kit GC1705, GC1710, GC1715, GC1720, GC1723E, GC1723EB, GC1725M, GC1725MB should fit the newer ones.

/ Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #24  
I bought one for my 2010 GC2400 part# 4269250M91.
thats supposed to fit GC23xx series also.

part # 4330274M91 - Block Heater Kit GC1705, GC1710, GC1715, GC1720, GC1723E, GC1723EB, GC1725M, GC1725MB should fit the newer ones.
Yes, that's the one they supposedly stopped making. If you google it, is shows as discontinued at many sites.

You can still get one while they last. But, the price is going up as they disappear.

/ Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #25  
Yes, that's the one they supposedly stopped making. If you google it, is shows as discontinued at many sites.

You can still get one while they last. But, the price is going up as they disappear.
ok. jacks small engines SAID they had it but course didn't and fought me on $$ return.
they have gone downhill fast over last few years.
can't remember who I bought from, pretty sure was not ebay.