Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020)

/ Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #11  
I looked here and didn't notice the tractor model listed either:

Heaters by Kat's

/ Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #12  
The

HVACSTAR TPS151GT10-000 590-893 Engine Block Heater 1500 Watt 120 Volt 1500W 120V Option 100-120F on Amazon

was designed for connecting into heater hoses (apparently) . It uses internal heating with no moving parts to circulate the water. With 1500 watts you'd have some serious heat to put forth and would not need to run it all night. NAPA sell ones similar labeled Part #: KAT 13100 Line: KATS Engine Heaters.
Adaptable ?

/ Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #13  
If that tractor comes with a cab, whether you have a cab or not, should have a place for heater hoses. You can get a heater for a heater hose. I would loop it down low. Heat rises and cool sinks, so circulates. Throw a blanket over the hood helps. I'm sure if you look in a freeze plug hole you can get a block heater. All of them I've seen are short in length. I put two in mine and a hose heater. Cranking an engine cold is where the wear happens.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #14  
If that tractor comes with a cab, whether you have a cab or not, should have a place for heater hoses. You can get a heater for a heater hose. I would loop it down low. Heat rises and cool sinks, so circulates. Throw a blanket over the hood helps. I'm sure if you look in a freeze plug hole you can get a block heater. All of them I've seen are short in length. I put two in mine and a hose heater. Cranking an engine cold is where the wear happens.
Great point -- if it is a cab model just tap in to the heater hoses. And surely as you say there must be provision for connection heater hoses which should be perfect for one of those self-circulating 1500 watt (some are 1000 watt) heaters I mentioned in post #12.

Not to be argumentative at all but I've read several places "Cranking an engine cold is where the wear happens." I do not believe it. There is of course no way to prove it one way or the other. My thinking is that 1) Whatever oil is in there lubes better cold than it does hot. 2) Clearances should be slightly greater cold than hot. Steel too but Esp where any aluminum is involved. 3) Cranking is such a tiny % of total revolutions in the life of an engine -- negligibly small -- that I do not see that being a significant wear factor. My opinion of course but those are my reasons.

/ Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #15  
You might try an end around by going directly to the engine manufacturer or other brands that use the same engine. The 17xx E series uses a shibura engine rather than iseki that is used on most of the MF CUTs.

• Good Post
   / Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #16  
Great point -- if it is a cab model just tap in to the heater hoses. And surely as you say there must be provision for connection heater hoses which should be perfect for one of those self-circulating 1500 watt (some are 1000 watt) heaters I mentioned in post #12.

Not to be argumentative at all but I've read several places "Cranking an engine cold is where the wear happens." I do not believe it. There is of course no way to prove it one way or the other. My thinking is that 1) Whatever oil is in there lubes better cold than it does hot. 2) Clearances should be slightly greater cold than hot. Steel too but Esp where any aluminum is involved. 3) Cranking is such a tiny % of total revolutions in the life of an engine -- negligibly small -- that I do not see that being a significant wear factor. My opinion of course but those are my reasons.
I was asking an old family member about that. I knew where an engine was that rarely was started, but ran a lot when it was running. He said when he was installing that engine, he had his truck door open and the radio was on. News flash came on that said Kennedy had been shot. Engine is still there.

• Good Post
   / Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #17  
Great minds think alike!
But north of Montreal is colder and in a snow belt.
I also have an 'intelligent maintainer' plugged in 24/24 (as I also do on my standby generator*).
Cheap insurance in my opinion.

*We are at the end of a power grid and experience all too many outages.
Otherwise we are in paradise and would not wish to move.
I built a 2 outlet pigtail you can see tender plugged in and heater unplugged. I also use end covers on the 2 items to protect plugs.

tender-heater-cords.jpg

• Good Post
   / Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #18  
If you can't figure out a block heater here is a suggestion ...engine oil pan heater that glues to pan plus battery warming blanket wired together. Warm oil and warm battery makes a huge difference below zero. Full synthetic 5w40 will also help immensely.

/ Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #19  
Block heater Kit 1739E is MF part number 4330412M91

/ Can’t find a block heater for my 1739E (2020) #20