Can we clean it up?

/ Can we clean it up? #51  
So called journalism today is nothing but partianship. Like Youtube reviews that are nothing but product placement ads.

/ Can we clean it up? #52  
I fail to see where there needs to be any 'Cleaning Up' on this site as well as others. All that really needs to be done is exercise some discretion and act like the adults you are supposed to be. Like I said previously, you don't like a comment, don't read it and if you don't like the poster, put them on ignore.

I find it interesting that the site I linked to (which I moderate on infrequently), self moderates itself and always has.

/ Can we clean it up? #53  
I can't keep up with the different generations, millennials, GenZ, etc. But somewhere along the line the younger gens not only believe but rely on what they read and hear from social media. To the point that it's scary. Imagine if we planned our day on what Kim Kardashian was doing or saying. We used to laugh at the people that thought wrestling was real or the ones that had been abducted by aliens. Now they think the Kardashians, the bachelor or bachelorette or Taylor Swift's latest boyfriend really matter in the big scheme of things. It's just getting crazier by the day.

/ Can we clean it up? #54  
Sadly, we exist in a very divisive society today, fueled by the media who prefer to 'spin' every news worthy article than actually report the facts and let the readers - subscribers form their own opinions.

It's like no one can report the 'news' in an unbiased fashion without interjecting opinion in it and that is why I really limit my viewing of any news feed with a huge grain of salt today.

I don't want or need some stranger's opinion, I can form my own and that not only applies to both political parties, but those who also lean in their direction.
‘the facts, just the facts” are long gone from today’s version of news. When there are ~ a bazillion news channels going 24/7 looking for things to keep themselves on air, stretching the truth keeps the ratings up apparently.
I prefer the term sensationalized journalism.

/ Can we clean it up? #55  
So called journalism today is nothing but partianship. Like Youtube reviews that are nothing but product placement ads.
What people fail to realize is, YT creators get monetary compensation based on the views of their respective video's. Same applies to Rumble and lots of creators are making a bundle an one bubbles right up and that is the guy who has the construction business in New England who I cannot remember his name but I don't ever view his content anyway.

For me, YT video's are just a source of entertainment and nothing more. I don't put any value in them. In fact, there are a ton of misconceptions and falsehoods in YT video's.

The creator thing also applies to this website. Don't assume for a second that this forum owner is doing this for his health. Quite the contrary, between the click through's, paid advertisers and endorsements, I bet he's making a 6 figure income and then his moderators get to participate and get some sort of pittance for exercising their usually inflated ego's on the masses that use (and abuse) this site.

I lease a .com website myself (you can only lease a website, you can never own it). I don't ever mention that on here simply because it's not germane to the content on this site but I can if I desire, have a discussion forum on it. I don't simply because I'm not interested and don't have the time.

/ Can we clean it up? #56  
Yea, this site is a perfect example of social media that we get sucked into and don't really consider it to be social media because we discuss "tractors". So we are all guilty of falling into the trap of the interweb in some form or fashion.

/ Can we clean it up? #57  
But somewhere along the line the younger gens not only believe but rely on what they read and hear from social media.
Reminds me of one of my renters, a single gal with a good job but thinks the sun rises and sets on social media sites and whatever comes up on a Giggle search has to be gospel.

Her sink faucet failed and instead of contacting me (the owner), she took it upon herself to buy a faucet and install it, which turned out to be a fiasco and ultimately destroyed some of her stuff.

She goggled how to replace a sink faucet. problem was, it was wrong. The site never told her she needed to install compression washers between the supply side and the faucet so it leaked into the basement, soaked the sub floor and dripped on her stuff which was under the kitchen sink inside the basement. Only way I found it was I was doing a walk through inspection of the premises, which I do regularly and is stipulated in my lease agreement and found it. Had to replace the faucet and repair the sub floor as well as replace the engineered flooring around the kitchen sink and you better believe I charged her for all of it and I told her to NEVER attempt do do anything like that ever again or I'd terminate her lease. Plain and simple I I considered her a simpleton for actually doing that in the first place.

/ Can we clean it up? #58  
I will say this is the ONLY forum I frequent where the moderation at times is overbearing, but then I just look at the forum owner and that explains a multitude of things.

What do you mean you can just look at someone and know their moderation policy? I’d like to learn this skill. What are the distinguishing visible feature that tell you?

/ Can we clean it up? #60  
Really not worth a reply far as I'm concerned. For some arcane reason some people like to agitate just for the heck of it.