Can we clean it up?

/ Can we clean it up? #61  
I'm way on the right hand side of the political spectrum but I do not see any problem with the moderation here. As a forum owner/mod you deal with your user base. Complaints are addressed right or wrong. Everyone's view is colored by their life experiences, we are not all same same nor should we be.

I do NOT see major suppression of either side or only one way traffic.
My $.02

/ Can we clean it up? #62  
I'm way on the right hand side of the political spectrum but I do not see any problem with the moderation here. As a forum owner/mod you deal with your user base. Complaints are addressed right or wrong. Everyone's view is colored by their life experiences, we are not all same same nor should we be.

I do NOT see major suppression of either side or only one way traffic.
My $.02
Ditto. I tend to lean right in all areas except some of the finer points on environmental policy, but I haven't noticed moderation being heavy-handed on either side of the spectrum.

Last edited:
   / Can we clean it up? #63  
Rather than whinge about people inserting politics into everything we care to talk about, it would be better to question why politics has inserted itself into everything we care to talk about.
As stated previously, basically nothing can be discussed without a tinge of politics affecting it.
"I had to buy a new gas can, and now it takes 20 minutes to fill my mower and I spill about a third of it all because..."
"hurr, politicks! Banhmamer!"
"Man, have you seen the videos from the border? I tell you what..."
"derr, politicks! Kill him with fire!"
When you allow politics to control every aspect of life, and then curtail talking about it, that effectively controls the narrative, and everyone who's ever read a couple chapters of a history book sees where that leads.

/ Can we clean it up? #64  
"I had to buy a new gas can, and now it takes 20 minutes to fill my mower and I spill about a third of it all because...
Complaining about that is funny to me. Just put a vent hole in it or use a funnel and pour without the spout on it.

/ Can we clean it up? #67  
borrowed from eagle1

1695677909695.png

/ Can we clean it up? #68  
Best at what? Jimmy Carter was really good with rising interest rates and botched policy. They’ve all left a mark, good from bad is hard to tell sometimes.
Well, let’s see he won by huge margins, 49 states in one election I believe. he took over from a failed Carter administration with 20% interest rates, runaway inflation and a fuel crisis (sound familiar?), he ended the eastern bloc Soviet dominated countries, tore down the Wall, restored our military to #1 status and didn’t get involved in foreign wars.

Maybe I missed something, but I think that’s purty good overall.

Last edited:
   / Can we clean it up? #69  
Well, let’s see he won by huge margins, 49 states in one election I believe. he took over from a failed Carter administration with 20% interest rates, runaway inflation and a fuel crisis 9sound familiar?), he ended the eastern bloc Soviet dominated countries, tore down the Wall, restored our military to #1 status and didn’t get involved in foreign wars.

Maybe I missed something, but I think that’s purty good overall.
Yes, he did it all while dealing with a Congress that was dominated by the other party.

/ Can we clean it up? #70  
The only thing he did I didn’t like was amnesty. He later admitted it was his biggest mistake.