Can you safely dye hydraulic fluid

/ Can you safely dye hydraulic fluid #21  
Sorry, haven't read the whole thread, but perhaps you are familiar with Chevron's hydro fluid:

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is a unique, high
quality, multifunctional fluid, specially formulated for
use in transmissions, final drives, wet brakes, and
hydraulic systems of tractors and other equipment
employing a common fluid reservoir.
Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is specially
designed for all weather operations and applications —
both severe winter cold and extreme summer heat. It
meets the requirements of both John Deere J20C and
J20D specifications. This, combined with excellent
oxidation stability, minimizes the need for seasonal oil
changes.
Its distinctive orange color provides for easy product
identification and leak detection.

https://cglapps.chevron.com/msdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=294507&docFormat=PDF

/ Can you safely dye hydraulic fluid
Sorry, haven't read the whole thread, but perhaps you are familiar with Chevron's hydro fluid:

Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is a unique, high
quality, multifunctional fluid, specially formulated for
use in transmissions, final drives, wet brakes, and
hydraulic systems of tractors and other equipment
employing a common fluid reservoir.
Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF is specially
designed for all weather operations and applications —
both severe winter cold and extreme summer heat. It
meets the requirements of both John Deere J20C and
J20D specifications. This, combined with excellent
oxidation stability, minimizes the need for seasonal oil
changes.
Its distinctive orange color provides for easy product
identification and leak detection.

https://cglapps.chevron.com/msdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=294507&docFormat=PDF
s

Isn't that stuff stupid expensive though. More than even Kubota SUDT as I recall. I'm not sure it is available in 5 gallon pails.

/ Can you safely dye hydraulic fluid #23  
That would help but I only use my tractor in warmer weather and trying to see the level is a pain.

I found an online source of MT3668 for less than $4 a bottle so I will order a couple.

Ummm, don't you think something's missing here? I bet if you look really, really hard, you'll find it.

:)

Ummm, don't you think something's missing here? I bet if you look really, really hard, you'll find it.

:)
Sorry, I'm not getting it. ?on line source for????

/ Can you safely dye hydraulic fluid #27  
To see clear oil on a chromed stick... look for the reflection of a strong light source. You have to rotate the stick to get the angle right while keeping the dip stick almost HORIZONTAL, dip end down. look for the dry/wet line.
Reflection line I call it.

To see clear oil on a chromed stick... look for the reflection of a strong light source. You have to rotate the stick to get the angle right while keeping the dip stick almost HORIZONTAL, dip end down. look for the dry/wet line.
Reflection line I call it.

Understood, but that is a PITA and generally requires rechecking a couple of times to be sure. Much prefer the idea of having a dyed fluid so there is some contrast.

/ Can you safely dye hydraulic fluid #29  
Understood, but that is a PITA and generally requires rechecking a couple of times to be sure. Much prefer the idea of having a dyed fluid so there is some contrast.

I'm getting ready to change the hydro fluid in my JD 2720 and have a bottle of the JD red dye ready to go back in. This winter I had a couple quick connects that were leaking and the red dye was very easy to spot in the snow. The leak would have probably gone unnoticed if the oil was its native color. Good visibility of the fluid is worth $4.

/ Can you safely dye hydraulic fluid #30  
I bought some of the JD dye the other day. The dealer kept asking me what it was when I ordered it.

Sure makes seeing the fluid in the hydrostat sight glass MUCH easier. I dribbled a little into a jug of fluid and it was bright red afterwards. This stuff should go a long way. I plan to use a pipette to put a very small amount into a jug and see how much I need.