cancer head

/ cancer head
cancelled the surgery scheduled for tomorrow....decided to move my treatment to a real cancer center. MD Andersen is just 3 hours away in Houston. The Austin Dr. was real nice but I got the feeling that this was just one step out of his comfort zone which darn sure made me uncomfortable. MDA is the premier cancer center in the country. Considering we live so close ...why wouldn't we choose the pros? It does mean about a 3 week delay which isn't good ...but I still feel it's the way to go.

/ cancer head #53  
Mike the cancer center in Houston is recomended as the top treatment center in the world by all the cancer doctors in this area so your in good hands . praying for you.

/ cancer head #54  
Mike, if you are out of your comfort zone on the tractor you stop and reevaluate, more so here. You did the right thing, getting the second opinion and confidence in your doctor will make a world of difference. Lots of us on TBN sending prayers and best wishes.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ cancer head #55  
Were pulling..pulling hard for you Mike.

/ cancer head #56  
Our prayers and best wishes are with you Mike.

James K0UA

/ cancer head #57  
I wish to reiterate my earlier post. Here's wishing you the very best. I have already prayed for you and will continue to.

/ cancer head #58  
Md Anderson is a top clinic for sure...be sure you are seen by the head of the dept not the students.....Best of luck to you

/ cancer head #59  
Diagnosis came in Thurs eve. Told the family. Find that it is a very hard short little statement to repeat. "I have cancer"....I figure the doctors have their job to do -- but I'm not going to just sit in the boat - I can row too.

Mike, I don't know you but I do know a lot about cancer (much more than I really care to know). I've had 4 melanomas removed from my scalp (no hair up there ;-) and neck. I also had prostate cancer surgery 2-1/2 years ago. I had a Gleason score of 7, which on a 1-10 scale is pretty well advanced. I was offered open surgery, robotic (laproscopy), radiation 'seed' or 'wait and watch'. My mom passed from non-Hodgkins (sp?) lymphoma so I chose open, asking the doc to look around and make sure it hadn't already spread to my lymph system. I've recovered 100% - in EVERY respect. My PSA is checked every 6 months and so far it remains 'undetectable'. Our daughter was diagnosed with liver cancer when an 18 year old college sophomore. They gave her less than 6 months. She went on a macrobiotic diet and lived 22 months. You couldn't tell from her appearance that she was even ill until the last few weeks. She had the most positive attitude imaginable. We were blessed that God loaned her to us for as long as he did.
We didn't stay on the macrobiotic diet but I'm careful what I eat and I try to live every day the way my daughter would want me to.

I believe a positive attitude is 90% and you have the right one. Your doctors can surely supply their 10%. My prayers are with you, whether you need them or not. :thumbsup:
Charlie

/ cancer head #60  
Mike, I understand MD Anderson is the best. Good Luck our prayers are with you. God Bless.

Charlie