Loader Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #11  
Circuit Considerations for Control Valves with more then One Spool

A) Open Center System with a Series Connection: Oil from the pump is directed to the multiple spools connected in Series. In the Neutral Position the oil passes through the valve in series and returns to the reservoir. When the control is operated, the oil is directed to the device that the valve serves. Return oil from the device is directed through the return line of the next valve.

NOTE: This circuit is satisfactory as long as only one valve needs to function at a time.

B) OpenCenter Systems with a Series/Parallel Connection: Oil from the pump is directed through the control valves in series, as well as in parallel. In Neutral, the oil passes through the valves in series. However when any valve is operating, the return is closed and the oil is available to all the valves through the parallel connection.

NOTE: When (2) or more valves are operated at once, the device that requires the least pressure will operate first, then the next device and so on.

NOTE: The advantage of this circuit is the ability to operate (2) or more valves simultaneously over the series connection.

Last edited:
   / Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode
Circuit Considerations for Control Valves with more then One Spool

A) Open Center System with a Series Connection: Oil from the pump is directed to the multiple spools connected in Series. In the Neutral Position the oil passes through the valve in series and returns to the reservoir. When the control is operated, the oil is directed to the device that the valve serves. Return oil from the device is directed through the return line of the next valve.

NOTE: This circuit is satisfactory as long as only one valve needs to function at a time.

B) OpenCenter Systems with a Series/Parallel Connection: Oil from the pump is directed through the control valves in series, as well as in parallel. In Neutral, the oil passes through the valves in series. However when any valve is operating, the return is closed and the oil is available to all the valves through the parallel connection.

NOTE: When (2) or more valves are operated at once, the device that requires the least pressure will operate first, then the next device and so on.

NOTE: The advantage of this circuit is the ability to operate (2) or more valves simultaneously over the series connection.

Interesting, wonder which setup the Max25 uses.

I spoke with the dealer again about this, he's going to pow wow with the service manager and see what they can work up. Knowing that i was once able to do this, and now that another user on here confirmed they can as well.... I'm confident that this will require some kind of warranty repair.

I'll update again when i have more to tell.

-J

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #13  
If the 3 point works it would lead me to suspect that in float oil is being sent to the power beyond port and not tank.

Out of curiosity what happens if you try and lift a load on the 3PH with the FEL valve in float? Does the FEL start to lift or stay in float?

If the 3 point works it would lead me to suspect that in float oil is being sent to the power beyond port and not tank.

Out of curiosity what happens if you try and lift a load on the 3PH with the FEL valve in float? Does the FEL start to lift or stay in float?

The loader will lift about 6-8 inches when the 3pt hits the max raise position. Then immediately drops back down.

Is this normal?

-J

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #15  
The loader will lift about 6-8 inches when the 3pt hits the max raise position. Then immediately drops back down.

Is this normal?

That's how mine works. Normal is a different question. I just look at it as a limitation that the Max 25 has.

That's how mine works. Normal is a different question. I just look at it as a limitation that the Max 25 has.

Ha... what is normal? Am I right?

I'm not sure I'd call it a limitation, but i see where you're going with that. I've personally never found it to be a hindrance in any way. Just thought it was interesting when i first saw it happen.

-J

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #17  
When you try and use the 3pt, and the loader valve in float, you cause back pressure to affect the valves up stream, and you may be feeding fluid into the lift cyl until they equalize.

Just an educated guess.

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #18  
When you try and use the 3pt, and the loader valve in float, you cause back pressure to affect the valves up stream, and you may be feeding fluid into the lift cyl until they equalize.

Just an educated guess.

I suspect the same thing is happening but now the question becomes why won't the curl function work if the 3PH works? Sure be interesting to see a detailed schematic of the valve used on the max tractors. So darn many options these days we can guess forever.

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #19  
Shift, my 3016 also actuates the bucket while in float. I wonder if you have a compromised o
ring in your scv or something to the effect and thus unable to pressurize your curl function while in float? Yet another uneducated guess.

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #20  
I was told that articulating the bucket with float mode engaged is not possible. The valve is not capable of doing it. It was recommended that i get the bucket level before engaging float. I was then reminded that the bucket does not float, just the arms.

Is this typical? I am pretty sure I can both curl and dump my bucket when the arms are floating.