Loader Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #21  
Is this typical? I am pretty sure I can both curl and dump my bucket when the arms are floating.
As is the case with my 7520 as well. ... I did have a problem similar to what the OP states on my wifes kubota tho. Turned out the hyd fluid was low.
larry

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #22  
Float mode does not put the whole valve in float, just the lift spool.

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #23  
My 3510 will operate the bucket functions while in float. Its a KMW loader

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode
Hey guys, seems i've been away and have quite a bit to catch up on.

Arrow: Seems that most everyone that has a Mahindra FEL can do what i'm asking of mine. I think about the guys that use blowers on the front.... would Mahindra really expect you to pull the blower from float to change the angle of discharge? I think not.

Josh: From what i can tell this is a typical use thing that we're doing here. What you "quoted" was what the dealer told me. Obviously a brush off to see if i would just go away.

Spyder: I have, but will again check the level of my hydrolic fluid. I'm not ruling anything out, not even the obvious at this point.

Knee: Seems what you're saying would rule out any limitation of the Mahindra brand loaders. Not that I was suspicious of the loader itself at any point, but any info is good info.

Now for what i have, or actually haven't heard from the dealer. I explained the situation twice now and have had no feedback. The only communication was the brush off that i posted back on 1/27. I do plan to follow up with them today. So far this is my second interaction with the dealer for service and neither has been a breeze.

More to come... I hope.

-J

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #25  
Shift4200,
Ask your dealer for a hydraulic schematic of your tractor. I have been doing some research and have seen two different spool types used for float.

One style connects all of the ports to tank. I.e. P, A & B are all connected to tank.
This style would typically not allow any other function to operate while in float since all the flow is going to tank unless your valve does NOT have power beyond. With no power beyond the curl would work but it may also cause the loader to lift slightly since you are now attempting to lift the loader with a regenerative type circuit.

Second style connects ports A & B to tank.

This style would allow all other functions to operate while in the float mode.

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #26  
Is this typical? I am pretty sure I can both curl and dump my bucket when the arms are floating.
I know that our Kubota B7500 will curl/dump while in float mode. I do it all the time when clearing snow.

Aaron Z

Hey guys,

Thanks again for all the feedback.

OldnSlo, I will ask the dealer for the schematic. I am also interested in learning more about how my tractor works. This new rig is about 100x more complex than my last tractor. (no hydros on that guy)

Aczlan, you're now about the 10th person to confirm that this feature works on our size/style tractor. In fact I even received a reply from the dealer saying he tested the feature on a new Max and it works as well.

So, an update from the dealer....

He went ahead and tested the bucket "curl" feature while in float mode. Except not on a loader.... He used a snow blower and found he was able to change the angle of discharge while the blower was in float. This confirms that this feature is/was available on my tractor at time of purchase. The next step is a call to Mahindra USA to see how they are going to proceed. I'll likely have a scheduled maintenance done while it's in there. It'll be a little early but figure better to do early than late.

More as it happens....

-J

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #28  
I was told that articulating the bucket with float mode engaged is not possible. The valve is not capable of doing it. It was recommended that i get the bucket level before engaging float. I was then reminded that the bucket does not float, just the arms. ....
-J

I've got a Bobcat CT230 with the Bobcat FEL. Bucket can be tilted up and down while in float mode; which is precisely how I use it when clearing snow and ice.

Well, another chapter to my story.... this time the plot gets a twist.

Went out to clear snow last night, and low and behold... the bucket has decided it wants to work the way it's supposed to. Last time i tried it was Sunday afternoon and it wasn't working properly. Last night, not a single hesitation. Thankful for that as having to stop and engage/disengage float to articulate the bucket was a real time drain.

So thinking maybe some gunk in the hyrdos, or maybe a sticky valve? Still going to follow up with the dealer, but if it keeps working i might push it until I'm ready for scheduled maintenance.

I'll post more as this continues, but for now it's looking like we're entering halftime.

-J

/ Cannot articulate bucket while in Float Mode #30  
Went out to clear snow last night, and low and behold... the bucket has decided it wants to work the way it's supposed to. -J

Did you move the 3PH handle down? Or was it still at the top?