Canopy for L3400

/ Canopy for L3400 #1  

BoFuller

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota L3400
I’m ready to get a canopy for my L3400. Any pros or cons as to what’s available?

/ Canopy for L3400 #2  
I used this one on my L3430:

It was pricey but worked well. My only complaint was the hassle involved when folding the ROPS. It had to be folded down to clear my barn door and when folded, the canopy on the folded ROPS extended out to the rear and I couldn't close the door.

There was also a clearance issue when mowing up to the tree line, and using the tractor for woods work.

Some canopies fold up or remove easily to prevent these problems. My advice is to measure first and consider where you're going to use and store the tractor.

/ Canopy for L3400 #3  
I've had good luck with Thunderbird in Phoenix Arizona. Very high quality and reasonable price. Both times I've purchased from them I was in the area and picked up at their warehouse, but I've heard that shipping ain't cheap if you're a long ways from Phoenix

/ Canopy for L3400 #4  
I bought this one off Amazon. First one I got was missing a part (one of the metal bars that give it the arch). They sent me a second one and didn't ask for the first one back, so I have lots of spare parts if I ever run it into a tree.

Attachments

• PXL_20210604_021806147.jpg
    PXL_20210604_021806147.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 50
   / Canopy for L3400 #5  
I have a Tuff Top on my M9 open station and it is adjustable for angle and folds completely back if desired. Was easy to assemble and install as well and it was pretty inexpensive.

Attachments

• 100_0013 (1).JPG
    100_0013 (1).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
   / Canopy for L3400
Thanks all!

/ Canopy for L3400 #7  
I’m ready to get a canopy for my L3400. Any pros or cons as to what’s available?
I bought mine from Cover My Tractor there in Phoenix AZ back in 2015. Very happy with it from day one. Excellent product. Same company as mentioned in #2 post.
3145 E. Chandler Blvd.
Ste. 110-401
Phoenix, AZ 85048
A few comments:
1) They have designed models to be broken into 3 sections for larger tractors making them suitable for FedEx or UPS shipping. That allowed me to get one shipped to my farm without drastic costs. With you being somewhere in AZ it may be cheaper and/or better for you to just go to the source.
2) The canopy has been very durable and 100% satisfactory for 9 years now. I have slid hundreds of low hanging limbs over my head on that canopy without damage. Doing that of course had limitations and I am not abusing the canopy but it sure is nice to be able to do it a lot.
3) The price was cheaper than the OEM dealer canopy from Massey Ferguson at least and the dealer confided in me it is also BETTER than what he was selling. I have 3 Kubotas but have not bought canopies for them. A few pictures below: the structure looking from underneath, the finished installation, the arriving package before assembly.
P1020491.JPG
P1020480.JPG

P1010965.JPG

/ Canopy for L3400 #8  
Not at all impressed with hard canopies or ones that don't fold and as far as my Tuff Top is concerned, it ships in one box and you do the simple assembly.

I've 'abused' mine many times under branches and never had issue one and I believe I paid less than 200 bucks for mine. shipping included. Best part is, you can buy them in any color you want, JD green or Kubota orange or Massey red for that matter.

Took me about 20 minutes to assemble it and mount the folding brackets on the ROPS and like I said, you can completely remove it in about a minute if you want to fold the ROPS, something I don't ever do.

/ Canopy for L3400 #10  
The Tuff Top branded ones on Amazon sell for $379.95 & Look fairly flimsy to me. Being plastic are they not considered 'hard?' I guess not as hard as thick reinforced fiberglass as the Cover My Tractor ones are. If they have worked great for 5030 they must be worth considering.