Canopy for L3400

/ Canopy for L3400 #11  
They aren't 'flimsy' at all actually. I've had mine for 2 years now and many encounters with tree limbs because I use that tractor for not only raking hay fields, I pull my bat wing chopper when I cut them for fall-winter as well. Try to keep the tree limbs cut back as much as possible but try as I may, I always seem to encounter some. Of course I prefer a climate controlled cab but at my age I don't like hooking and unhooking implements constantly which is why I have 2 tractors.

Attachments

• 100_0010 (1).JPG
    100_0010 (1).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
   / Canopy for L3400 #12  
Not at all impressed with hard canopies or ones that don't fold and as far as my Tuff Top is concerned, it ships in one box and you do the simple assembly.

I've 'abused' mine many times under branches and never had issue one and I believe I paid less than 200 bucks for mine. shipping included. Best part is, you can buy them in any color you want, JD green or Kubota orange or Massey red for that matter.

Took me about 20 minutes to assemble it and mount the folding brackets on the ROPS and like I said, you can completely remove it in about a minute if you want to fold the ROPS, something I don't ever do.

With the reviews that top received on Amazon I'd never buy it.

/ Canopy for L3400 #13  
With the reviews that top received on Amazon I'd never buy it.
One thing I've found out with Amazon reviews and that is, they are extremely biased. Never had issue one with mine in 3 years of running hay, not one. When I bought it, I bought it direct from the manufacturer, not Amazon anyway.

Candidly, I don't give a hoot if you buy it or not, no sweat off my brow.

/ Canopy for L3400 #14  
One thing I've found out with Amazon reviews and that is, they are extremely biased. Never had issue one with mine in 3 years of running hay, not one. When I bought it, I bought it direct from the manufacturer, not Amazon anyway.

Candidly, I don't give a hoot if you buy it or not, no sweat off my brow.
I've been using Amazon reviews for many years, and always review the products I buy. I've found if you disregard the 1 and 5 star ratings, and concentrate on the 2,3 &4 star reviews, you get a better idea of what you're buying.

/ Canopy for L3400 #15  
I've found from experience that if I buy something on Amazon (which is pretty infrequent for me actually) and I review it, if the review isn't 100% positive, they send me a message that 'your review don't meet our criteria, please re-review' That is bs to me. Reviews need to be unbiased and forthright and Amazon don't like either. Least my experience tells me that. So now I don't bother,

At least Harbor Freight takes and publishes ALL reviews, good, not so good and bad ones. No bias there.

Case in point. I purchased nylon trimmer blades for my Stihl FS66 brush trimmer and in the blurb, they were listed as genuine Stihl blades and they weren't and I noted that in the review which was rejected. Tried again, rejected again so I said heck with it. Amazon said 'Your review don't meet our criteria, please review again' I said pizz on it, just being honest about false advertising and they didn't like it.

The canopy I have on my M9000 open station was easy to assemble, is stout and has held up just fine for the last almost 3 years and has met a few wayward branches while raking the perimeter of my hayfields. What I really like about it is the ability to fold it back by loosening 2 thumbwheels so if I need to trailer the unit, I can fold it and trailer it without fear of canopy damage.

Took me about 30 minutes to assemble, the instructions were spot on and far as I'm concerned, it's an excellent addition and keeps the sun off my hairless head. The frame is actually stout enough where you could mount auxiliary lights to it if you wanted to. How's that for a review...lol

Last edited:
   / Canopy for L3400 #16  
I've found from experience that if I buy something on Amazon (which is pretty infrequent for me actually) and I review it, if the review isn't 100% positive, they send me a message that 'your review don't meet our criteria, please re-review' That is bs to me. Reviews need to be unbiased and forthright and Amazon don't like either. Least my experience tells me that. So now I don't bother,
Wow! That's strange. I've written over 400 Amazon reviews in the last 10 years, most less than 5 stars, and have never had that experience!

I wonder what's going on?

/ Canopy for L3400 #17  
Wow! That's strange. I've written over 400 Amazon reviews in the last 10 years, most less than 5 stars, and have never had that experience!

I wonder what's going on?
I've written many reviews (probably not 400) on Amazon and buy stuff via them ... crazy often. I have never had a review rejected or even questioned.

/ Canopy for L3400 #18  
I believe it has to do with aggressive censoring which is becoming more and more prevalent today. Remember who owns Amazon.....

/ Canopy for L3400 #19  
I had a Tough Top and thought it was junk. I also wouldn't trust a fiberglass one, especially if you have any trees. I replaced my tough Top with a stout metal one like this. I wouldn't waste your money on any of the others, IMO.

Metal Tractor Canopy

/ Canopy for L3400 #20  
I have a TuffTop on two tractors and the Ferris ZTR. They have held up for at least five years so far.
The prices have indeed gone up. Be aware they were made by Femco originally but I now see another outfit called Kojem advertizing. ( sold by Amazon & Walmart )