Cant hook up bushhog..

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #11  
I set my hog on blocks. It has to sit outside, so it keeps the front off the ground and makes it easy to go around it with the weed whip. The raised height will probably work in your favor for getting it connected.

It would be worth your while to get/make a heavy duty dolly, lay a piece of scrap plywood or what you have under it, and rest the front of the mower on the dolly next time you take it off the tractor.

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #12  
LEFT SIDE CONNECTION​

Connect the 'Hog to the LEFT side Lower Link first. Use three point hitch hydraulics to set 'Hog connection level with left Lower Link eye, or just a tad lower. You can lift the Lower Links a bit manually to get the 'Hog connection point onto the left Lower Link eye. Secure connection with a lynch pin.

(LEFT side is without manual up/down adjustability via the three point hitch Lifting Rod on the right side.)

RIGHT SIDE CONNECTION​

To connect RIGHT Lower Link, adjust RIGHT Lower Link up/down via manual Lifting Rod on RIGHT side of three point hitch. Hopefully, after making this adjustment the right side of the 'Hog will connect to the right Lower Link eye.

If it is off just an infuriating smidge, connect the Top Link and adjust the Top Link in/out a small amount and that will usually tilt the 'Hog enough to allow the right side of the 'Hog to connect to the RIGHT Lower Link eye.

Secure connection with a lynch pin.

Lift the connected 'Hog with three point hitch hydraulics about 6" and snug your sway stabilizers.

KEY: The LEFT Lower Link can only be adjusted up/down via three point hitch hydraulics.

The only manual adjustment of the Lower Links is to the individual RIGHT Lower Link, via the manual Lifting Rod.

For virtually all implements the connection sequence is left, right, top, PTO.

Connecting implements is mostly technique. You will acquire the technique over time.

If you make a similar post in the future tell us what tractor is involved and what brand of Rotary Cutter. We can provide better tailored directions. Use standard tractor nomenclature from your Operator's Manual or you introduce confusion. (Not Lift Arms; Lower Links)

Are you kidding me? I never heard of all this stuff and I grew up on a large farm and hooked an unhooked equipment all the time - heavy stuff. Now I just have my toys but if it takes me more than two minutes to get connected to a piece of equipment it probably because of too many beers.

As someone else said back up straight, lower the lift arms down lower than necessary as you can manually lift them a little. Once you have one hooked, you can either move the tractor or move the implement (I usually park on relatively level sod and leave the tractor parked without brakes and then I just push it a little to get the other side lined up. No quick hitch, no extending or adjusting arms, no need for any of that. Maybe it is because I learned with 100+ Hp stuff that you either lined it up and did it right or you didn't get it.

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #13  
Since my machine shed has a gravel floor, I drop my 'hog' with a 6"x8' round wood post crossways about a foot or so back. With the tail wheel supporting the back, it's fairly easy to push it around where it needs to be. I also put the FEL bucket in the dump position and slightly pick up the front of the tractor. Then I can move the tractor back or forward slightly with the bucket curl....Dan.

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #15  
I grew up running my dad's Case 730 in the late 60's and 70's. Those tractors had a latch on the bottom of the arm that you could flip down and slide the ball coupler out from the arm. It extended about 4 inches and also allowed the coupler to pivot to a position almost straight up from the arm. I never realized until I joined TBN almost 30 years later what a pain 3ph equipment is to hook up. I just thought every mfg had similar means to allow the user to adjust stuff and then lock it in place after it was attached. The fact that you could reach the bottom linkage of the 3ph control lever from behind the tractor was a bonus. I had no idea how good life was!

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #16  
Having telescoping lower links and telescoping sway bars, now I have no trouble, but if you tractor is not equipped with them you can make the job much easier with a set of Carter quick attach, or Pat's quick hitch or any of the true 1 piece quick hitches, all the way from the Harbor Freight, to the John Deer or Land Pride. All will work and lessen your frustration. Of course with practice, skill and cunning you can get by with what you have, and get better each time you do it. But these other devices can sure make life easier. Keep in mind you will likely need a PTO extension or a longer PTO shaft withe the Pats and the quick hitches.. and also likely a longer top link with the Pat's. Good luck in which ever way you decide to go.

Welcome to CARTER AND SON'S TOOL AND DIE

3 point hitch | 3 point quick hitch | 3 point tractor hitch | The Deltahook

greenwellmfg - Home

3-Point Quick Hitch for Tractors - 27-1/2" Clearance

QH15 Series Quick-Hitches | Land Pride

James K0UA

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #17  
   / Cant hook up bushhog..
The 2 bars on the hog, are they supposed to be bent slightly tword the rear of the brushhog?

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #19  
The 2 bars on the hog, are they supposed to be bent slightly tword the rear of the brushhog?

A picture would be worth, a thousand words... bars? do you mean the 7/8 inch pins that the lower links slip on? If so.. no. Nothing should be bent.