Cant hook up bushhog..

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #21  
I'm SHOCKED!! YES SHOCKED!!
The obvious solution is you buy a tractor for each implement!!

That's what I'm trying to convince my wife anyways :)

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #22  
Both of our Bush Hogs are supported by blocks under front corners when not on tractor. Makes hookup very easy. We have Delta Hooks on all the Cat 1 equipment and the Kubota tractor so, other than hooking up PTO shaft, takes just a few seconds. Have Speeco QA on the New Holland but, unfortunately a few of the Cat 2 implements are not QA compatible. Will be some welding work for this winter.

Rick

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #23  
A picture would be worth, a thousand words... bars? do you mean the 7/8 inch pins that the lower links slip on? If so.. no. Nothing should be bent.

threaduselesswithoutpics.jpg

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #24  
Here's a pic of my 3pt setup with the adjustable stabilizers that I purchased from Mark Hodges at StabilWorks

Note that my adjustable lift arm on the right is not original. Mine bent then broke so I fabbed up a new one from a cat 0 top link and the forks from the old one.

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #25  
CarterEZhitch.jpg

This is a picture of the Carter EZ hitch I got, they work very well.

/ Cant hook up bushhog..
Thanks everyone, I got it hooked up!

/ Cant hook up bushhog..
What did you do to get it done ?

Put the left lower link on the tip of the bush hog pin then used the bar to move the left side of the hog forward a bit then it slid on, same for the other side

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #30  
Just remember.... when in doubt use a bigger lever.

When I have issues, it's usually due to dropping the attachment at a funny angle, in a hole on one side, where the tractor wants to roll away or all of the above. I try to pre-plan and leave implements so hookup is easier.

To make a heavy implement easy to slide, screw a 8 foot long 1/4" square tube to a board or post. Steel on steel moves easy.