Car insurance problems

/ Car insurance problems
Great news! The insurance company has now heard from the Texas Dept of Insurance. My son, who put in the complaint received a phone call from the insurance company who said that "pursuant to your complaint with the dept of insurance" they will now accept the proper routing number for payment of the initial premium and the claim will be processed!

He said they also apologized for the "confusion".

/ Car insurance problems #22  
That's really good news! Once in a while, a government agency does work :)
I have to ask, what does the line in your signature - 'We don't rent pigs' mean?
Dave.

/ Car insurance problems #23  
"Sorry for the confusion" real meaning "We regret we weren't able to put the screws to you."

/ Car insurance problems #24  
Good news Alan!

They where probably thinking you guys would "accept" their 1st response and go with the odds. Good deal.

/ Car insurance problems #25  
Some lawyer told the ins. company they'd have to pay the claim and reminded them about the bad faith penalties. The confusion was they thought they could get away with it when they couldn't.

/ Car insurance problems #26  
Great news! The insurance company has now heard from the Texas Dept of Insurance. My son, who put in the complaint received a phone call from the insurance company who said that "pursuant to your complaint with the dept of insurance" they will now accept the proper routing number for payment of the initial premium and the claim will be processed!

He said they also apologized for the "confusion".

I know that was a big relief to several people. And maybe the other posters are right that the insurance company just decided they couldn't get away with their earlier response, but I think there's a good chance they were right about it just being a little confusion. I'm sure there were several people involved, and with paperwork laying around on desks awhile, it can get confusing. I don't think it's very often that someone at an insurance company deliberately tries to cheat customers.

/ Car insurance problems #27  
'We don't rent pigs' mean?
Dave.

Dave ... it means he don't rent pigs, you will have to got to the pig rental store ... if your needing to rent a pig!!!

I think he's referring to the Lonesome Dove Movie ...

/ Car insurance problems #28  
Now the next downside. What they will actually payout for the totalled car. It is usually less than you hope for. Sometimes much less.:mad:

/ Car insurance problems #29  
Now the next downside. What they will actually payout for the totalled car. It is usually less than you hope for. Sometimes much less.:mad:

But if you can show things such as recent new parts, tires, batteries, tune-ups, etc., sometimes you can negotiate more than the original offer. Way back in 1974, my wife was rear ended in our little Opel Cadet that we also towed behind the motorhome. Repairs just slighly exceeded book value of the car. The other driver's insurance wanted to total it. I wanted it fixed (a used car suitable for towing behind a motorhome isn't always easy to find), so when I told them about the low miles, new tires and battery, etc. they agreed to pay for the repairs. And when our teenaged daughter totalled a car in 1981, the insurance company agreed to pay more when I showed them the receipts for the parts for the recent brake job I'd done, new tires, etc. Now when my wife totalled one in 1999 with 121k miles on the odometer . . . well, I wouldn't have even considered selling that car for what the insurance company said they figured it was worth and what they wanted to pay. However, I didn't quarrel at all because I thought their initial offer was quite fair considering what the car was actually worth.:D

/ Car insurance problems #30  
Dave ... it means he don't rent pigs, you will have to got to the pig rental store ... if your needing to rent a pig!!!

I think he's referring to the Lonesome Dove Movie ...

Thanks BlueRiver, I've never watched that movie or the TV series.
This must be more of the line in the movie:
Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop.

I like Parick Duvall's acting. Maybe I should rent it someday. In 1989 I was doing other things :D
Dave.