Car Lift for Regular Sized Garage

/ Car Lift for Regular Sized Garage #1  

snpower

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere GT235, GT 275, 1025R
Since I can’t stop fixing things…

I hope to one day build a detached garage/shop but for now I have my two bay garage. It’s 22 x 22; obviously a portable setup is needed and I’m wondering about one that will go up 24” or so… I’m guessing a mid height one might not fit on one side - what do the experts say and use?

/ Car Lift for Regular Sized Garage #2  
HF sells a low ceiling lift. Been contemplating one actually. Think the sell it anyway, used to.

/ Car Lift for Regular Sized Garage #3  
For a short portable two post lift, look up MaxJax.

I think you can even get a lounge chair on wheels to cruise around under the car with.

The alternative would be a scissor lift.

/ Car Lift for Regular Sized Garage #4  
I use this Bendpak 4 post lift in my 24 x 40 garage:
hd-9st-four-post-lift-5175860-bendpak_1668064770_1.jpg

It has an optional wheel kit which makes it easy to move around the building. When not being used to work on vehicles, it makes a great storage platform. You can also park a vehicle underneath, which means it takes up little floor space.

You might want to check out this thread on the subject:

/ Car Lift for Regular Sized Garage #5  
Do to limited ceiling height I use Quick Jacks.
Works well on the cars, but not high enough to lift my truck tires off the ground.

/ Car Lift for Regular Sized Garage
For a short portable two post lift, look up MaxJax.

I think you can even get a lounge chair on wheels to cruise around under the car with.

The alternative would be a scissor lift.

This looks fantastic. First step is to see if my concrete floor is thick enough.

/ Car Lift for Regular Sized Garage #7  
I looked at the Maxjax a few years ago. I decided it just wasn’t worth it. I have about a 8’6” ceiling height and figured my electric door opener would have to be switched out to get it out of the way. I’ve been sticking with a nice floor jack and axle stands and for a lot of things like oil changes I use a pair of ramps called Race Ramps.

/ Car Lift for Regular Sized Garage #8  
I looked at the Maxjax a few years ago. I decided it just wasn’t worth it. I have about a 8’6” ceiling height and figured my electric door opener would have to be switched out to get it out of the way. I’ve been sticking with a nice floor jack and axle stands and for a lot of things like oil changes I use a pair of ramps called Race Ramps.
There are a number of wall mount or jack shaft garage door openers that open up ceiling space.

/ Car Lift for Regular Sized Garage #9  
I use this Bendpak 4 post lift in my 24 x 40 garage:
View attachment 856980

It has an optional wheel kit which makes it easy to move around the building. When not being used to work on vehicles, it makes a great storage platform. You can also park a vehicle underneath, which means it takes up little floor space.

You might want to check out this thread on the subject:

Holy crap! I never knew you could move 4 post lifts around! Post of the year for me!

/ Car Lift for Regular Sized Garage #10  
I have a friend that has a max jax lift in his 2 car garage. Said it made life easier for him as a retired mechanic to do side work and let him keep working like he enjoys.