Carolina Implement Grapple?

/ Carolina Implement Grapple?
The stickers on it claim that it’s AR400 but I don’t know how you would ever prove or disprove that without hardness testing.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Carolina Implement Grapple? #32  
Unless I find something drastic during use I’m very happy with what I received for the price.
Thanks for the extra pics. It looks good with a pretty decent price. The built in stand is a nice touch. Did you hook it up and see if the teeth close up?

Thanks for the extra pics. It looks good with a pretty decent price. The built in stand is a nice touch. Did you hook it up and see if the teeth close up?
Haven’t hooked it up yet. The tractor is up at the dealer up in Georgia having the front end loader installed along with a few other items. Should have it back in a couple of days.

Nice looking grapple. Do you know if they make any other style grapples?
I really haven’t been able to find much on this company. I know they make a standard duty and a heavy duty of this version but I don’t know about other styles.

Below you can see just the tiniest bit of interference on the two outer teeth. If the cylinders do in fact have enough travel to close the jaw even further this wouldn’t take five minutes to clearance with a side grinder. I’ll report on the outcome when the tractors is back in my possession.

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpeg
    IMG_1108.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1107.jpeg
    IMG_1107.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 26
I just noticed something. If you go back to the very first post in this thread and look at the first two pictures that show a grapple sitting on the showroom floor you can see that in fact the jaw is closed further. I’m guessing mine is going to need some touch up on the tips of the teeth.

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #37  
I just noticed something. If you go back to the very first post in this thread and look at the first two pictures that show a grapple sitting on the showroom floor you can see that in fact the jaw is closed further. I’m guessing mine is going to need some touch up on the tips of the teeth.
Doesn’t it stink when you get a new toy and can’t play with it ? :ROFLMAO:

It sucks. I’ve been waiting 6-1/2 months for the front end loader. It’s been a huge comedy of errors.

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #39  
It sucks. I’ve been waiting 6-1/2 months for the front end loader. It’s been a huge comedy of errors.
Oh wow, sorry to hear

/ Carolina Implement Grapple? #40  
I drove down to pick up the used Land Pride FDR3690 mower that I had been working a deal on and stopped by Connor Tractor to look over the grapples. Liked what I saw and loaded up the 62" HD version for $1895.00 out the door. After getting it home I went over it even more thoroughly. Here are my observations.

• The cylinders have English (rake) and Korean (grapple) wording on them. Take from that what you will.
  • Heavy wall cross tubing.
  • All pivot points have grease fittings. The zerk fitting on the bottom eye of the cylinder faces down possibly exposing it to damage. If this becomes a problem I will plug the hole, drill, tap, and reinstall the zerk in a rear facing position. This would protect it and also make it easier to grease.
  • There is an opening that can allow limbs and such to come though the main body and possibly damage the hoses or break a cylinder fitting. I pointed this out to the owner and he stated that he had already put in a request with Carolina to plate over these openings on the next production run. It’s a simple enough process for me to make a couple of weld-on or bolt-on plates to better protect the hoses. A few dollars and a little bit of time investment. No big deal.
  • Curious to see if the upper can close even further than in the attached picture. The very tip of the outer teeth on both sides make light contact when fully closed. I need to see if the cylinders are at max extension or if a bit of light grinding for tooth clearance will allow the clam shell upper to close even further.
Unless I find something drastic during use I’m very happy with what I received for the price.
Looks nice!

Does it have dual lids or a single lid?