Carry low

/ Carry low #21  
I used to "scoop" the ditches on the private road with my old B7100. I had filled tires and used the 3pt mower as ballast. The road has quite a pitch, and I used to keep one hand on the FEL valve at all times. As soon as the rear wheel on the uphill side came off the ground, I would drop the bucket. Never went over, but came close a few times.

Anyway, I'm glad you weren't hurt. Sometimes, you have to learn a lesson the hard way.

/ Carry low #22  
Problem with that is I don't have a dealer. There's no dealer close. I do all my own work, I buy my stuff off craigslist, maintenance, modifications, enhancements, replacements.
If you have a large truck and construction equipment tire dealer nearby, they can do the tire fill. It doesn’t have to be a tractor dealer.

/ Carry low #23  
Problem with that is I don't have a dealer. There's no dealer close. I do all my own work, I buy my stuff off craigslist, maintenance, modifications, enhancements, replacements.
C'mon... you're in eastern PA. I've lived 50 years in eastern PA, most of which is among the highest population density regions in the USA. Unless you're in the very north-northeastern corner of the state, and really even then, there are likely several dealers within a 30-45 minute drive of your location. This ain't exactly Nevada.

That said, installation into a tubeless tire is easy. Just break the bead and pour it in! Tubed is a bigger challenge, I believe they usually used specialized pumping equipment for that, but there are DIY options shown on YouTube.

Last edited:
   / Carry low #24  
This is my Kubota M6040. It's configured for heavy lifting with the grapple. Current weight - 10,000 pounds. 1550 pounds of RimGuard in the rear tires - 1000 pound Rhino rear blade.

Even set up this way - there are potential loads ( LARGE rocks ) that I will back away from.
IMG_0011.jpeg

/ Carry low #25  
I’ve seen plenty of rims ruined by rust even without any kind of fluid installed in the tire.

/ Carry low #26  

I called around and found vastly different pricing for beet juice / RimGuard. Ended up going to a regular tire shop in a rural town about 50 miles from me. They quoted the price per gallon at less than half what the local tractor dealers quoted. Loaded it up, just pulled the truck and trailer up next to their building and they wheeled the stuff outside and filled them right on the trailer. Very accomodating and saved a LOT of $$.

This stuff is pretty thick and goes in slow. Seems like it took about an hour to fill them both. But it was well worth it. I don't think I could have bought the product and saved any money by trying to do it myself.

Just wanted to suggest that you call around and check on pricing. Tractor dealers aren't your only option. You can get a list of dealers for RG off their website.

/ Carry low #27  
Glad your ok OP...my come to Jesus move was with a full bucket of dirt on the 67 F5000, going down hill, dirt/grass very wet put brakes on...the R1's grabbed first 2 inches of grass and peeled it away...!! it was on, like Jamaicans on a BOB SLED.. luckily my hand was on the bucket and I just slammed it to the ground...that was hairy

/ Carry low #28  
Glad your ok OP...my come to Jesus move was with a full bucket of dirt on the 67 F5000, going down hill, dirt/grass very wet put brakes on...the R1's grabbed first 2 inches of grass and peeled it away...!! it was on, like Jamaicans on a BOB SLED.. luckily my hand was on the bucket and I just slammed it to the ground...that was hairy
My back yard is one big hill, and the prior owner of my house told me about him doing something very similar to you, as a bit of a warning to me. As he's telling me the story, I'm thinking, "what an idiot, I'd never be that stupid."

It was probably a year later when I experienced my own re-enactment of his feat, and it's really amazing how far you can go and how long it can take your brain to tell your right hand to put that bucket down! Somehow I slalomed between the trees in my path, before everything came to a rest, and no harm was done.

Same story, wet grass, rear was a little light (not lifting, just lighter than usual), and I was freewheeling with full brakes applied in 2wd. Now, I either always back down hills, or always remember to engage 4wd when going forward down a hill with anything in the bucket.

/ Carry low
Well, I'm not sure if it's fixed yet, but it's gonna be better. Found a guy with suitcase weights for $50 a pop, 55lb. So I snagged all 6 and got to work making a way to mount them.

I lowered the 3pt arms all the way and cut 4 pieces of 3/8" flat stock. I love my metal band saw. Then I cut the corners, and drilled them out. I love my milling machine with infinitely variable drilling speed.

Took a piece of 3/8"-2" angle iron and welded the drilled plates in and put bolts in. Then I hung the weights, raised the arms, and put a chain through. I put the set screw for the 3pt height at the highest spot.

Now I have another 255lb on the back without making the tractor any longer. Which is important to me since it's maneuverability is important.

0zAYqrF.jpg

gpPsU4v.jpg

MB82zkb.jpg

WekQwAn.jpg

HT7XF0V.jpg

JHmwv5N.jpg

7C7CEVi.jpg