Carrying capacity

/ Carrying capacity #11  
I have a chance to get a Quality Steel 18 foot tandem axle car trailer with winch. I think made in Decatur, IN. It has a steel deck. The axles are both rated at 3500 each for a total of 7000 pounds. I think the trailer with winch could be near 2000 pounds. I would like to carry my 45HP Mahindra 4510 cab tractor, loader and 6 foot Bush Hog brand mower. The tractor combo would go near 7400 pounds. Would this be overloading the same?
I never travel too fast and generally not more than 20 miles. The trailer is not a tilt but has steel ramps. Would they stand the weight?
My advice would be to pass up that trailer.

I can't be sure how much it would weigh, but I can assure you it will be much more than 2000 lbs.

I have an 18' car trailer with a wood deck, and it weighs 1900 lbs. With a steel deck that's at least thicker than tissue paper, you can expect at least another 1000 lbs to that. And the deck will be too short for a 6' brush hog on a loader tractor. How can I be sure, you ask?

Simple:

20170715_123357.jpg

This is what it will look like.

I would also bet that your tractor weighs more than 7400 lbs, if the tires are filled with ballast. Mine, the one in the picture, weighs 7100 lbs as it sits in the picture. I know the weights on these things because I have weighed them all on a certified CAT scale.

I suggest you look at bigger and heavier duty trailers. My next one will be a gooseneck deckover at least 30' long (34' would be better) so I can bring a couple extra implements if I need to.

/ Carrying capacity
Thanks for all the replies. Even though it is a nice trailer at a good price I am not going to buy it, just too short and light for my needs.

/ Carrying capacity #13  
You will be another person that I see pulling a trailer with the camber gone from the axles because they have been overloaded to the point that the tube is bent. And something that needs to be looked at hard is how close are the axle tubes to the trailer deck since some trailers will allow the center of the axle to contact the deck before the springs are fully compressed causing the same effect as putting a press in the middle and pulling on both ends.
I’m not sure the camber being loss due bent axles is just because of overloading the axles.

Many 7k trailers are just an angle iron frame that flexes too much when overloaded.

Mine with the 5” channel iron frame has never bent the axles.

That said I have debated replacing my axle, but the trailer is still too short.

/ Carrying capacity #14  
I’m not sure the camber being loss due bent axles is just because of overloading the axles.

Many 7k trailers are just an angle iron frame that flexes too much when overloaded.

Mine with the 5” channel iron frame has never bent the axles.

That said I have debated replacing my axle, but the trailer is still too short.
I am sure there are several factors at play that lead to permanent camber lose.