Case 50b?

/ Case 50b? #11  
I am mildly brand loyal, but found a local ls dealer and like the price of those better? Please tell me if I am wrong but im guessing a Ls R4047H with loader, bucket, pallet forks, 3 point hitch, filled tires and a 5ft tiller would be around $25k? Thanks, John

If you can find one, an R4047H with FEL should be around $22,500 (varies a bit with area).

Pallet forks are usually $750, loaded tires are several hundred, and the 5ft tiller can vary wildly, but I'd plan for at least $2K. That should put you around your $25K price.

/ Case 50b?
hey guys. I talked to the LS dealer today. They couldn't get me a tier 3 tractor and the tier 4s were 5 grand more then the tier 3s. I can find any used ones so Im looking at a few different tractors. The two i am considering are a 2007 Case Dx45 with cab, fel etc only 510hrs. The other is a L3240, with 460hrs. The Case is a little more expensive. I have a few concerns with both and wanted your guys opinions. My only concern with the Case is the cab. I have an 8ft high barn door for the equipment and Im not sure if it will fit. I also do a lot of woods work and wanted to know how the cabs hold up outside. I really don't like the kubota's heel to pedal, and the control layout, but other then thats its nice. Here are a few pics of them 00101_2xHOw8lujn0_600x450.jpg 00606_4LedQWqeN8f_600x450.jpg

/ Case 50b? #13  
I'd go with the Case because of the cab, more HP, more lift, bigger tires, etc. That Case is basically the NH TC45, and the previous version of the current NH "Super Suite" CVT tractors. Those are the Shibaura builds, not the LS ones.

I used to think that a cab would be a liability around trees also, but you quickly learn to be careful. The more I use my cab, the more I realize that I'll probably never own another tractor without one!

I'm not sure about you guys, but the skeeters are really really bad this year. Yesterday I was tilling my roughly acre pumpkin patch, and the skeeters were swarming the cab. It was crazy, swarms were coming up from the ground. And it was hot & muggy. No biggie, I was in my air conditioned cab, feeling comfy, listening to tunes.

/ Case 50b?
Thats a sick tractor. And thanks for the advice, i am personally leaning towards the case. I live in new england so this is the nicest one around lol, most of the ones around here are pretty beat up.

/ Case 50b? #16  
That year of the Case IH tractors was a desirable few. This was when the ISM and Shibaura tractors came out as Case branded machines. Honestly if I could find one in that condition I would buy it over the new B's.

/ Case 50b? #17  
I'm not sure about you guys, but the skeeters are really really bad this year. Yesterday I was tilling my roughly acre pumpkin patch, and the skeeters were swarming the cab. It was crazy, swarms were coming up from the ground. And it was hot & muggy. No biggie, I was in my air conditioned cab, feeling comfy, listening to tunes.

A Stihl SR 450, some Demand CS, and 30min of spraying....no Mosquitos around here :thumbsup:

/ Case 50b?
Hey guys. I am talking to the person about the Case. I found another tractor. If the Case doesn't go through then I will look at this. It is a Massey Fergueson 1635, loader, cab heat, 70hrs $25,000 etc. It is in very good shape. My two questions are in the ad it said it had a (hydroelectric transmission) I believe he meant hydrostatic but I'm not sure. Then my second question is if it is hydrostatic does it have a heel toe pedal or twin touch pedals? Thanks, John

/ Case 50b? #19  
Hey guys. I am talking to the person about the Case. I found another tractor. If the Case doesn't go through then I will look at this. It is a Massey Fergueson 1635, loader, cab heat, 70hrs $25,000 etc. It is in very good shape. My two questions are in the ad it said it had a (hydroelectric transmission) I believe he meant hydrostatic but I'm not sure. Then my second question is if it is hydrostatic does it have a heel toe pedal or twin touch pedals? Thanks, John

That's a nice tractor, I really like my Massey. The HST is a 2 pedal design.

The only negatives I can see in that 1635 vs the DX45 is the HP, and the loader. The loader on that DX45 will probably lift about 500 more lbs

/ Case 50b? #20  
A Stihl SR 450, some Demand CS, and 30min of spraying....no Mosquitos around here :thumbsup:

You're hired. People cannot believe that columns of flying mosquitos are a common site in Minnesota. Those columns are just the males waiting to mate. The females are pouring over the ground looking for a blood meal.