Case MX270

/ Case MX270 #11  
I buy now an mx 240 .. it's my first case .. i had only JD , but i think that the red ones are better. i hear that they have problems with electrical components and with the electric fuel system but i think that are minor problems . If i want to increase the power i need the Cnh Est software ? or i just modify something on the performance monitor? I search for the Est but i couldn't find it.. cand someone tell me more information about this ? tnx !!

/ Case MX270 #12  
You will need the dealer technician with his Case EST and comms protocol box to connect to tractor.

Then you fool tractor to think it is a bigger machine by installing fuel pump software for next tractor size up (IE MX 270), he may also need to alter some parameters because fuel pump knows your tractor is a 240 ???? from information stored in the master controller on the tractor. (Providing of course that Case hav'nt caught up with that one yet ???)

This is the same info that allows stolen tractors to be returned to their owners when found and the serial no plates etc are removed, Provided ---- of course that the original selling dealer, programmed it correctly @ PDI ????

As an ex Case Service Manager, that was something we would do when testing a problem M/c on the dynamometer, BUT the machine was always left with customer with original factory specs !!!!
The belief being that if you want extra horses then you should pay $$$ to get them.!!!!

/ Case MX270 #13  
My son has had this chip installed in 2 tractors . An MX240 and MX 274 The mx240 has a small hand held switch that turns on or off the chip. The mx274 is just on all the time. These chips make all the difference in the world.. He had an independent shop put them in. Pulls a larger implement with ease. Try it.