CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75?

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #21  
Thanks - just waiting on the stump grinder to show up.

D.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75?
I spent some time talking to the service manager at the local NH/kubota dealer about the kubotas and they had a svl 90 come in with 1200 hours for service. Original Tracks still at 40% and all they did with it was replace a couple idlers. No other problems to speak of. The main mechanic said he can't wait till they come out with wheeled machines, as the new Hollands have been nothing but trouble with their 200 series.

I used a svl 75 in the snow last week.... I hope to try one that has the asv style tracks on it before any decisions are made. I knew the CTL style tracks weren't the best in snow and ice but man that sucked. Winter here can 5 months long so IF it snows you can make serious $$$$ so being somewhat proficient in snow is a good thing.My only other complaint about it that I didn't notice this summer is how they set the vents up for heat/ac. With the cold the windows freeze up easily and it takes a loooong time to defrost. If they had vents on both sides of the cab it would work much better! Otherwise I love the machine and am hoping to get some seat time in a SVL90 this spring.

Did you get your machine yet?

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #23  
I actually test drove a BobCat and Kubota over the weekend. They both had tracks and the ride on asphalt was absolutely horrible on both. For snow removal, I think being inside one of these for 5-8 hrs a day would be torture. The ASV system is soooo much smoother. I guess the downside is the maintenance and durability. My Cat 246 has tires a d I was thinking about trading it, now I'm thinking I may get a set of logering tracks and keeping it. As of now it has 600 +/- hrs of mostly snow removal.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #24  
Still waiting on the stump grinder.

Bobcat has some new suspension tracks out.

Did you have the suspension cranked up on the seat?

Since you already have a matchbox, why not try out some tracks on it.

D.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75?
I agree with that the ride with regular CTL tracks is pretty bad on hard surfaces.That's why I'd like to try one with the asv tracks on it. It won't be the same as a suspended MTL undercarriage but should cut down on some of the vibration. Theres a few guys ive seen that have done it around here. I really like the cat MTLS for landscaping and running on turf but after seeing how much of a maintenance nightmare they can be I would be very hesitant on getting one unless it was real low hours or had a multi year warranty haha

How is the VTS system as far as long term durability and maintenance? I don't know anyone that's had a set but it's kind of intriguing as well. Especially for snow removal/landscaping. Put it on in the spring and then back to tires in late fall for snow. Best of both worlds.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #26  
OK - the stump grinder ships on Monday. Can't wait to get my new "tool" to the ranch.

D.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #27  
How is the VTS system as far as long term durability and maintenance? I don't know anyone that's had a set but it's kind of intriguing as well. Especially for snow removal/landscaping. Put it on in the spring and then back to tires in late fall for snow. Best of both worlds.

Cody, check with ksss over on the lawnsite.com heavy equipment forum. He has a lot of experience with the VTS tracks.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #28  
Hoping for delivery on Saturday. Of course pics will have to happen. :)

D.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #30  
Still waiting for those pics D. :D

image-2798585406.jpg