CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75?

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #32  
Good deal. I wondered if they have one like the cat has. My dealer s getting me one coming.

Land pride grinder is king well and the price was right. Especially for something entry SE much afterwards.

D.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #33  
That is a great machine! How many hours do you have on it now?

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #35  
I used a svl 75 in the snow last week.... I hope to try one that has the asv style tracks on it before any decisions are made. I knew the CTL style tracks weren't the best in snow and ice but man that sucked.

What was so bad about them?

I spent some time cruising around the snowbanks at Lano today in a svl 75-2 today and other than not being able to put a load on it, there was no trouble going through or over the big mounds.

The Kubota cab is waaaaay nicer than the bobcat's pigeon hole. I plan on demoing one when the snow's gone, but I agree with the profit potential of the machine in the winter (9 months of the year) here. :D I'm curious what you didn't like in the snow?

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #36  
Does anyone have any updated opinions on the Kubota SVL75-2 vs. CAT 259D? I am in the market, and I have narrowed it down to those. Haven't spent many hours in either of those, but everything I read seems to lean towards the Kubota, with the exception of a few reviews preferring the CAT over Kubota for comfort, cab noise, etc. Any information from someone who has actually used either one daily woul dbe greatly appreciated.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #37  
Just got my SVL75 and crossed 30 hours today. I looked at all of the brands before buying. I am not disappointed with my decision. It has been really chilly here lately so having the cab with heat and a door is so nice. Fortunately, I can still get out of the cab with the loader partially raised as the door rolls up. Would be impossible to get something out of the bed of my truck with a traditional swinging door.

Power is good, visibility is as good as can be expected, cab is pretty roomy. My dealer is pretty darn good as well. Mine is fully loaded with cab/ac and hi-flow. I paid $56,295 - cash and am tax exempt for farm status. That was my delivered price with a 72” Virnig tooth bucket with side cutters, they filled it up with fuel before dropping it off as well. I have no complaints.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #38  
I bought a 2006 CAT used in 2008 for 29K. I used it for nearly 10 years and sold it for 29K.
The one thing about CAT is the service. I would call for service and the next day a huge truck showed up on-site and gave it a full service including oil analysis and computer print out. The changed all fluids, filters, made adjustments as needed.
That service was the main reason the new owner purchased my used CAT because of the documentation.
The only problem I ever had was a leaking fuel line that was fixed in a few minutes.
The machine was bulletproof as far as I was concerned.
I could never expect that kind of service from Kubota ever.

/ CAT 259 vs Kubota SVL 75? #39  
I just bought a 2017 Kubota SVL95-2S with high flow after sitting in all the brands. I liked its operator platform best. Mine is an open cab. I bought at a Ritchie Bros auction and highly suggest that you go to a preview if there’s a location near you. There were about 100 different skid steers at the last Houston auction of all different brands so I sat in and tried out every manufacturer, they even had an ASV and a Terex. Even if you buy new, you can’t beat the convenience of having them all in 1 place. I ended up buying at the Ft Worth auction, they sold an SVL75 at that one for $17,000. I paid $34,000 for my SVL95 with about 2,000 hours on it and have been very pleased with it so far.