Cat pic(s)

/ Cat pic(s) #202  
Cat likely thinks it hit the lottery^

A bag in an off limit room
Exactly! Every morning I go in there, feed the tortoise, fill his pond with water, spot clean the bark, mist his plants, then turn, lean over and mist once under the bed to chase the cat out of there that follows me in ASAP! :ROFLMAO:

/ Cat pic(s) #203  
Just trying to get some pre-planting done.

zEZK7DM.jpg

/ Cat pic(s) #206  
I have a question about "barn cats". I could use a couple to keep the mice and chipmunks under control.

I do not want them as house pets but do not want them to suffer either. How do you folks living where it gets cold deal with taking care of them during the winter.

I am OK with providing food and a heated water bowl. OK with a couple of boxes of kitty litter. Would a box with a light bulb provide enough warmth? If so, will they sleep with the light on? Would heat tape work better?

If this should be posted on a new thread, delete and let me know.

/ Cat pic(s) #207  
I have a question about "barn cats". I could use a couple to keep the mice and chipmunks under control.

I do not want them as house pets but do not want them to suffer either. How do you folks living where it gets cold deal with taking care of them during the winter.

I am OK with providing food and a heated water bowl. OK with a couple of boxes of kitty litter. Would a box with a light bulb provide enough warmth? If so, will they sleep with the light on? Would heat tape work better?

Ours head for the hay in the barn and make tunnels between the bales. They'll fluff up with fur too as it gets colder, then shed most of it come summer. In the garage I made a couple of insulated boxs. They're insulated, the nest area is elevated, with an air lock tunnel to keep out drafts. They get used a lot, nice and dark and cozy. Get it up off the ground and away from drafty cold windows.
0306240806.jpg0306240807a.jpg

/ Cat pic(s) #209  

Every animal gets climatized to the temperatures if given the opportunity to get climatize, as long as they don't ran out of calories to stay warm they will be fine, sure a bed area with a fabric or hay is better but they don't need anything special. More is better of course but you don't need to over do it. Getting two cats is good they will cuddle and keep each other warm.

Last edited: