Cell Towers

/ Cell Towers #1  

BroBro

Tractor
John Deere 3203
Has anyone had any experience with Cell Companys approaching them to lease property to install Cell Towers.
If so what is the going rate for the lease and how much red tape is required.
Is there a lot of property destruction ?
Need answers fast !!!!!
Thank's

/ Cell Towers #3  
It should be like any other easement. Take their offer to an attorney and see where you will stand legally.

Ken

/ Cell Towers #4  
go for it but make sure they pay very well as said get a good attorney that knows about such things

/ Cell Towers #5  
I know windmills take up a few acres. A tower would probably take 1.5acres. I would be looking for over $1500 a month if they were to use my property. That would make it worth my while. An extra $18000 a year in the bank wouldn't hurt.

/ Cell Towers #6  
   / Cell Towers #7  
We have a tower in the middle of the small town I live in. They have it placed on a small lot ~ 75' x 75', but only use a 25' x 25' area. It is a monopole type tower.

It was erected in the mid 90's and the monthly lease payment IIRC was $575. They have a 8' wooden fence around it, and keep pine trees planted as a visual shield.

My neighbor selected the site / negotiated the lease for the cell company on another acquaintance's ground. Not sure if there were any escalation clauses in the lease or not.

/ Cell Towers #8  
I looked at buying a property a few months back with a ten year lease at 800 a month. It was a huge tower.
Look into the claims rgarding health risks. I don't know how valid they are but you should be aware of them.

/ Cell Towers #9  
Neighbor has one installed on his tallest silo, sez it generates about the same as his rental house. Guessing about $800.00 per month?

mark