CG differences and handling side grade

/ CG differences and handling side grade
I flipped the wheels around tonight. I got an additional 5" if width. It feel much more stable.

/ CG differences and handling side grade #22  
Lots of mods to my little SCUT but adding wheel spacers was a huge difference maker. My property is quite steep. That and the Piranha Toothbar for digging with the bucket.

/ CG differences and handling side grade #23  
I flipped the wheels around tonight. I got an additional 5" if width. It feel much more stable.

Meaning 5" total (2.5" per side) ? Even that relatively small amount made a noticeable difference apparently. Good for you.

A couple questions: Is that as far as the wheels on it will go ? Can you still trailer it OK?

/ CG differences and handling side grade #24  
My Kubota M6040 came with agricultural rims - front & rear. This allows for eight differing width settings - front & rear. I have the front tires set at a neutral position. My rear tires are one "notch" short of their widest position( 80"- outside to outside). Widest would be somewhere around 82" to 84". I would guess that this improves sidehill stability. I'll never know. My 80 acres is almost all dead flat or vertical.

/ CG differences and handling side grade #25  
My Kubota M6040 came with agricultural rims - front & rear. This allows for eight differing width settings - front & rear. I have the front tires set at a neutral position. My rear tires are one "notch" short of their widest position( 80"- outside to outside). Widest would be somewhere around 82" to 84". I would guess that this improves sidehill stability. I'll never know. My 80 acres is almost all dead flat or vertical.
yeah oosik, come over the mountains and see what us hillsiders deal with! But hey you aren't far from the coulee's. :laughing:

/ CG differences and handling side grade #26  
Hey, Dragoneggs - I spent my "allotted time" over on the WET side. Four years at the "people pile" - University of WA. One of my favorite "adventure drives" - up to Wilbur, down and across Lk Rosevelt to Keller, up and over to Inchellium, across Lk Rosevelt again to Gifford and south back home. Nice drive plus two boat rides.
That's where I saw the Versatile sidehill tractor. Thought my vision was going whacky. It was going horizontal on a sidehill but the cab was completely vertical. Made me wonder about what he does when it comes time to harvest the wheat on those sidehills.

A bit of humor here - if he is producing hay - how does he keep those round bales from rolling to the very bottom of the hill - ?? Must be square bales on the sidehills.

I guess it is all figured out ahead of time. Would seem that sidehill farming is a bit of a desperation move though.

Going south - I see a whole lot of wheat farming on sidehills and no sidehill tractors. I've seen sidehill combines down that way though.

Good place for the adrenaline junkies.

/ CG differences and handling side grade #27  
................................A bit of humor here - if he is producing hay - how does he keep those round bales from rolling to the very bottom of the hill - ?? Must be square bales on the sidehills.............................

Wish I had a picture of a round bale kind of hanging above US11/15 near Liverpool PA. Years ago we traveled that road quite a bit. One place where there was gash in the cliff that looked like a small valley that was cut off when they trimmed the mountain back during a road widening project. At the bottom of the gash there was a fallen tree not too far from the cliff face. A large round bale was up against the fallen tree - the last chance for the bale to stop before rolling off the cliff and down to the road.

/ CG differences and handling side grade #28  
Only adding two inch rear wheel spacers and rear tire ballast greatly improved the side hill comfort factor of our B26 for mowing. Helps with FEL work too.

/ CG differences and handling side grade
Meaning 5" total (2.5" per side) ? Even that relatively small amount made a noticeable difference apparently. Good for you.

A couple questions: Is that as far as the wheels on it will go ? Can you still trailer it OK?

Yes, 5" and that is as far as the wheels will go. 61" center to center. Outside to Outside measures approx. 79" It will not fit on my trailer at that width, by about 2". I will be getting a bigger trailer at some point. My tractor is over trailer GVWR as well. I can deal with that issue for now.

/ CG differences and handling side grade #30  
Only adding two inch rear wheel spacers and rear tire ballast greatly improved the side hill comfort factor of our B26 for mowing. Helps with FEL work too.

Good. I would note that a 2.5" spacer each side is more % wise on your B26 than it would be on the larger MX6000. Of course "it depends" on so many things as to what is best for you -- the hillsides you deal with, the typical attachments, the tires, etc.