Chain Float Snow Plow for FEL

/ Chain Float Snow Plow for FEL #21  
I would think casters would just dig into the gravel. Unless it’s frozen of course. That’s the problem in northeast Ohio, freeze thaw is constant throughout the winter.

The casters actually work great.

I can set the blade height anywhere from all the way down, to 4" above the ground, with the bucket tilt cylinders.

I plow over 300' of gravel driveway. And, I move less than a 5 gallon pail of gravel off the driveway, each winter.

Ideally, with gravel, you want to pack down a few inches of snow. Then, it's easy to avoid moving the gravel.

My plow hinges have a stop on the bottom, so it can't go down, just up. No chain necessary. And, I have a pipe attached to the front of the cutting edge.

Attachments

• articulated snow plow 002.jpg
    articulated snow plow 002.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1069.JPG
    IMG_1069.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1066.JPG
    IMG_1066.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
   / Chain Float Snow Plow for FEL #22  
I put together a loader mounted Curtis tractor plow last year with a chain lift. The loader arms on my L47 are stiffer than the typical "L" so I wasn't as concerned about bending the arms.
The plain was to see if the front end would get pushed sideways because of the extend length.
It didn't snow here last winter so I didn't get to evaluate.

If I don't like the way it works this winter, I thought about changing it to a frame mount to shorten everything up.
The loader on a L47 is not QA so it would make sense to me to use the loader arms to lift the blade as you describe.

However after seeing Gordon Gould's rig in post #15 I may go that way.

Is anyone aware of a flow restrictor that would slow the power angle down? I'm using the front aux and it's really fast.😱

I used adjustable inline flow control valves and a crossover relief valve from Surplus Center.

You can find simple hydraulic flow restrictor fittings on line or at some tractor dealers.

P1190252.JPG

gg

Last edited:
   / Chain Float Snow Plow for FEL
I put together a loader mounted Curtis tractor plow last year with a chain lift. The loader arms on my L47 are stiffer than the typical "L" so I wasn't as concerned about bending the arms.
The plain was to see if the front end would get pushed sideways because of the extend length.
It didn't snow here last winter so I didn't get to evaluate.

If I don't like the way it works this winter, I thought about changing it to a frame mount to shorten everything up.
The loader on a L47 is not QA so it would make sense to me to use the loader arms to lift the blade as you describe.

However after seeing Gordon Gould's rig in post #15 I may go that way.

Is anyone aware of a flow restrictor that would slow the power angle down? I'm using the front aux and it's really fast.😱
While I was watching some of the Minnesota Implement videos, he was showing the restrictors that he uses in his couplers to slow down the action. It was one of the videos about the plows, not sure which one though. Maybe that might help you out.