Chaining down a Power Trac

/ Chaining down a Power Trac #21  
I use four ratchet straps to tie down my machines. Two front and two back. Front straps go around the cross supports of the loader arm. Back straps go to the hitch pin and/or the drain holes on the bottom of the tub.

I personally would not run chains over any of the wheel motor mounts. I trailer these machines alot. I have tried using two tie downs (one front and one back) but the articulation always ended up walking sideways on one end or the other.

/ Chaining down a Power Trac #22  
I have d-rings on the 425 & trailer jack mounts welded to the 1850. The jack mounts allow me to raise the rear using a trailer jack for tire/wheel changes or to insert a traction aid if I get bogged.

The jack mounts with a pin through them are easy to strap into.
The trailer jack mounts are an interesting modification. I may borrow that idea.

/ Chaining down a Power Trac #23  
Some officials would say you need 4 tie downs plus one for each implement.

The hooks work well to keep the chains off the tractor.

Ken

/ Chaining down a Power Trac
I use four ratchet straps to tie down my machines. Two front and two back. Front straps go around the cross supports of the loader arm. Back straps go to the hitch pin and/or the drain holes on the bottom of the tub.

I personally would not run chains over any of the wheel motor mounts. I trailer these machines alot. I have tried using two tie downs (one front and one back) but the articulation always ended up walking sideways on one end or the other.
Yep, I had the same problem with the machine walking with two straps.

/ Chaining down a Power Trac

With four straps or chains pulling against each other, the machine is less likely to move.