Chaining down a Power Trac

/ Chaining down a Power Trac #11  
I should have put a links in for the original posts, with photos; @MossRoad's hook
Thread 'PT Additions/Modifications'
PT Additions/Modifications

Here is @SpringHollow's modifications;
Thread 'Rear Hitch and Tie Down Hooks'
Rear Hitch and Tie Down Hooks

All the best,

Peter
There she is! All shiny and new looking.

Thanks for the link. Here's the photo.

54-205402-towhook-jpg.8791

/ Chaining down a Power Trac
I have d-rings on the 425 & trailer jack mounts welded to the 1850. The jack mounts allow me to raise the rear using a trailer jack for tire/wheel changes or to insert a traction aid if I get bogged.

The jack mounts with a pin through them are easy to strap into.
That sounds handy, thanks 👍

/ Chaining down a Power Trac #14  
Here is my 1845 front hooks, I use them for pulling also. They were on it when I purchased it.
P1010020.JPG

Here is my 1845 front hooks, I use them for pulling also. They were on it when I purchased it.View attachment 718465
That would make it easy for strapping the machine down, there's no doubt about that! This 1845 looks like a work horse(y)

I see you don't live too far away. I'm near Lewistown, south of State College. I like the Coney Island hotdog place in Johnstown. Those museums about the flood are put together very well, I thought.

/ Chaining down a Power Trac #17  
That would make it easy for strapping the machine down, there's no doubt about that! This 1845 looks like a work horse(y)

I see you don't live too far away. I'm near Lewistown, south of State College. I like the Coney Island hotdog place in Johnstown. Those museums about the flood are put together very well, I thought.
Been a long time since I have been to Coney Island, they sure have good hot dogs

/ Chaining down a Power Trac #18  
The chain hooks do come in handy for quickly securing the PT and sometimes even for controlling a load. I had the factory weld them on to the front and back of mine and Carl's tractor.

Ken

The chain hooks do come in handy for quickly securing the PT and sometimes even for controlling a load. I had the factory weld them on to the front and back of mine and Carl's tractor.

Ken
You mean Power Trac welded them on for you? I was told they usually don’t get into doing custom adaptions.

/ Chaining down a Power Trac #20  
Yes, they welded them on for us. I bought the tractors used (used is an understatement) and had them delivered sight unsee to Tazewell to have PT go through them and repair what needed to be repaired. At that time, I sent the weldable hooks to them and they welded them on. A very easy thing to do, I would have done it myself but since I considered them an important safety item when trailering, I had the pros do it.

Ken