Chainsaw advice

/ Chainsaw advice #21  
How do you do that? There is NO gas available that does not have up to 10% ethanol.

Maybe where you are there's only E10 or better.
Up here you have to know where to find it.
E85 is even harder to find.

Where I got that particular piece of advice was from a Stihl dealer/repairman - because ethanol and high detergent gasolines were the 2 biggest $$ makers for him as he put it -- they caused the fuel & oil to separate within about 10 minutes of starting.
I took the advice and never needed to take a saw to him except for sharpening the time I found a tree that had sand embedded in the bark all the way up the trunk and figured I was too lazy to do it myself with a hand file and guide.

/ Chainsaw advice #22  
Husky 51 is what im using. Wish it was bigger, but its been very reliable. I use Husky oil and prem gas. Running Stihl chain (much better than oregon chains IMHO) and bar oil (best stuff ive ever used) and oregon bar :D I guess its a bit of everything lol.

/ Chainsaw advice #23  
I'm using a poulan pro.. 18" bar. came with a nice hard case... has cut alot of fence tops and scrub trees down around my property... nice and light.. easy to start and carry around.. easy on fuel, easy to adjust .. etc. decently affordable too.

soundguy

/ Chainsaw advice #24  
I can't comment on the models that you are considering but I have a Stihl MS180 that has been a great saw. I let it sit for weeks on end in winter and it always starts right up even in -30C weather. It is my first Stihl and I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

/ Chainsaw advice #25  
Got a husqvarna, starts every time now matter what temp and runs like a champ.. But you can't go wrong with stihl.. Both great saws...

Soundguy has good intentions, but I don't see to many weekend warriors in full chaps, climbers, helmets, goggles and ear plugs when cutting down a tree.. :) Common sense is most important...

/ Chainsaw advice #26  
but I don't see to many weekend warriors in full chaps, climbers, helmets, goggles and ear plugs when cutting down a tree.. :)

The truth of the matter is the weekend warriors are probably the ones who need that stuff the most.

/ Chainsaw advice #27  
Another vote for the Stihl. Have had one for four or five years now. Use it on and off all year long for firewood and trimming limbs and clearing roads. Never drain the fuel. Just fill it with fuel and oil and cranks right up every time. I work for a utility company and we have to have dependable equipment for the most unexpected circumstances. By far the first choice is Stihl.

/ Chainsaw advice #28  
Good Afternoon samtmc,
Stihl is my choice, the 025 and the 029, great saws that never let me down ! :)

/ Chainsaw advice #29  
Got a husqvarna, starts every time now matter what temp and runs like a champ.. But you can't go wrong with stihl.. Both great saws...

Soundguy has good intentions, but I don't see to many weekend warriors in full chaps, climbers, helmets, goggles and ear plugs when cutting down a tree.. :) Common sense is most important...

Common sense tells me to wear protective gear.

I'm a weeknd warrior when it comes to a chainsaw.. i only use mine 2-3 times a year.

You better bet i wear gloves, and the chaps when i use it.. If I'm in thick tangling brush.. i use the arm guards too. If I'm cutting limbs.. or working onthe ground while others are limbing.. i wear a ansi approved helmet.. ( have a nice full brim one.. helps keep the sawdust off the back of the neck and sun out of the eyes.

i also wear ear plugs to protect my hearing since I make a living with my ears.. sme with eye protection.. some sort of ansi approved eyewear is on my face..

I'd feel kinda stupid in the e-room missing an eye or hand when i OWN the correct protective gear.. and I don't feel any less manly wearing that gear using a device like a chainsaw... now that's common sense speaking..

soundguy

/ Chainsaw advice #30  
Wasn't trying to get ya going sound or the safety police..... Just saying to use comon sense..

Don't matter how much protection you have on if the tree falls on ya!