Chainsaw Husq vs Stihl

/ Chainsaw Husq vs Stihl #31  
For a nice little tutorial on chains and their maintenance, chech here: Stihl . Then download the Sharp Advice file.
Your husband should be wearing some safety gear, nwmely helmet with face shield and hearing protection, chaps, gloves and steel toed shoes. Maybe you can find some pics of chainsaw injuries to influence him. They make a nasty wound.

/ Chainsaw Husq vs Stihl #32  
The shops around here have ready to go chains, as well as rolls of chain. They can cut and set the loop to any required length(That's power tool shops, not Ace, Lowes, HD ect).

Chain is like string trimmer line. Get the good stuff... I have bought cheap line for the trimmer in a pinch; my Stihl and Husky trimmers ate it up...

McCullouch used to make awesome saws. Thier Pro lines in the 50's, 60's and early 70's were awesome. Not sure why they dropped out of the picture though...

/ Chainsaw Husq vs Stihl
It seems to me, that anytime a op of the line product gets on a major retailers shelves it (the Quality, maybe not sales or stock) goes down hill.

There are plenty of examples.

We shall have to see what happens to Husq over the next several years as they stock Lowes shelves.

I could only wager a guess thay may have happened with Mccollough.

It has happened with Levi's and Marantz that I can think of off hand. Both of which I have more or less personal knowledge of.

I am sure this is not every single case, but a trend. Major retailers drive for lowest price competetive edges. Therefor when a topline product gets into those stores and they get used to the volume sales, and the retailer says lower, lower lower prices, they start cutting corners. Just a little here and a littler there. But quite often that is the only difference between good high end and middle end. A few top quality fninishes on a product......

I thnk I digress and better cease this post.....

/ Chainsaw Husq vs Stihl
Shindawia makes some serious String Trimmers. I believe they make blowers as well. I dont know anyone that has the blower that is a staunch supporter.

But thsoe string Trimmers (weedeater) are great. I have owned several over the last 10 years. If I had just one it would probably be still running, but I always find some that someone wants to buy my mowing setup for good money, so I sell it and go buy some new stuff. I have had all types of different commercial lawn maintenance equipment, but the one place I have yet to very is the Shindawia Trimmer.

TX-27 I believe it the model I have been using for quite some time.

/ Chainsaw Husq vs Stihl #36  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( McCullouch used to make awesome saws. Thier Pro lines in the 50's, 60's and early 70's were awesome. Not sure why they dropped out of the picture though... )</font>

Oh, lets see, being bought, picked apart and sold by the buzzards several times (sort of like Homelite). They belong to <font color="brown">MTD</font> now.

/ Chainsaw Husq vs Stihl #37  
hi,
just to thro in some input here. I run only JD and Husky saws. I used stihl in college while working for a logger. All good, some need more care than others. I've found the husky takes more abuse than anything else (i've logged and done tree work quite a bit).

Now, on another note, I'm having a lot of problems with Oregon XP chains on my husky 55 rancher and 365. After a few minutes run time, they stretch out and being to flap. Not good. I just installed a new oregon today and will run hard on Friday, if it happens again, I'l move to something else, and from what i've heard here, maybe stihl chains.

Play it safe with the saws!! -art

/ Chainsaw Husq vs Stihl #38  
Rox - re your tag line. Post some pics of your unknown implements on the implement forum. Someone here will probably know what it is and how to use it. You may have some implements you might find useful.

/ Chainsaw Husq vs Stihl #39  
didn't chainsaw today, spent too much time moving gravel with the tractor... Hope to chainsaw on Monday now.. I'll report back then about the oregon chains.

/ Chainsaw Husq vs Stihl #40  
I use a Husky 372 xp with 24" bar, and I have a Stihl 361 with a 20" bar. the stihl chain stretches less, and stays sharper 3-4 times longer than the husky chain does. I switched to a Raptor skip tooth carbide chain on the Husky and it is a night and day difference for the better! It is however not a saw you loan out to anybody because the chain just seems to look for an opportunity to grab you. The raptor chain does 10x better than the original husky chains. I havent needed to switch the Stihl chains as they are still nice with just a little touch up, and they stay that way.