Chainsaw Sharpening

/ Chainsaw Sharpening #21  
When you guys use power attachments to sharpen your chain how do you take off equal amounts off each cutting edge? When I file I file each link the same number of strokes at approx. the same pressure so they stay pretty even. I always worried about using a jig with a drill because I thought I might start getting uneven cutting action after a few sharpenings. Is this a non issue?

Escavader also: It isn't so much same teeth size as it is same sharpness. Lets say you hit a rock usually one side loses more tooth then the other. So even if you counted the strokes per teeth you'd still be off, not to mention the {stone}broke tooth would be smaller.

With that said the best way I have found{doing this for over 30+yrs} to keep things the same is eyeball{of course now I need glasses :D}. If you are concerned use a gage for a while till you get the hang of it. Also don't forget the rakers, they only need a tiny bit at a time. Another note if using a grinder, DO NOT force it. Just easy pressure and small amounts at a time. Otherwise you'll run the risk of over heating the teeth.

/ Chainsaw Sharpening #22  
I can not find an ez lap sharpener that will work with the ms 250 .325 pitch

/ Chainsaw Sharpening #24  

I see theres a review on that amazon link that basically says the Eze-laps wear out too quickly. To some extent thats true although I think its only when using one for the first time that it gets really worn. Thats because (in my case at least) it took a lot of grinding to get the chains back into 'as new' condition. After years of hand filing, my chains were way off spec and it took quite a bit of eze-lapping to fix them. Subsequent sharpenings are a lot quicker and lighter on the ezelaps. Thats my experience anyway and why i recommend getting the twin pack.