Charge your equipment batteries and they last a lot longer

/ Charge your equipment batteries and they last a lot longer #21  
Blackdog2086:

I have 14 "Battery Tenders" on my stuff stored up North, for the winter.
I am a BIG believer in these "maintenance" type chargers.

What is the significance of the black dog picture, with the blue angels(?) aircraft in the background?

I used to train and work military explosive detection dogs and the one in the picture was my favorite. I had him for 12 years.

/ Charge your equipment batteries and they last a lot longer #22  
My on board charger died. ...I am looking at the deltran in the 40 to 50 dollar range...but are the 9 dollar harbor freight versions the way to go?

/ Charge your equipment batteries and they last a lot longer
   / Charge your equipment batteries and they last a lot longer #24  
For Coyote Machine:

"Average $56 per tender" really ???

I have seen prices like that, but I try to buy when & where the price is right!
It obviously depends on where/when you actually buy them, to get the best price.
I have bought my Battery Tenders over the last 10 years, and some are the "Jr." model.
I have NEVER paid more than $19.95 for the Battery Tender Jr. and NEVER more than $29.95 for the full size Battery Tender.
I recently bought 3 Battery Tenders at COSTCO for $29.95 each. Why? Because I KNOW that $29.95 is a GREAT price!
I have 6 Juniors @ $19.95, and 8 Battery Tenders @ $29.95. That is a $360 TOTAL investment to maintain $1800+ worth of batteries.
In my book, that is a VERY WORTHWHILE expenditure!
Several of my batteries are not used for up to 10 months each year.

/ Charge your equipment batteries and they last a lot longer #25  
   / Charge your equipment batteries and they last a lot longer #28  
   / Charge your equipment batteries and they last a lot longer #29  
Also do not forget to check the water/acid level (electrolyte). As the battery charges it produced hydrogen and oxygen gas(the reason for the warning). To do so it is breaking down the water molecule which needs to be replaced using distilled water. Even a "maintenance free" lead acid battery has this problem.

EM1(SS) retired.

/ Charge your equipment batteries and they last a lot longer #30  
All those solutions are good but they have one thing one common, the need for AC power.

Where my equipment is stored there is no power within 500 ft., so a solar option is what
I would need. I see that NOCO does offer solar chargers, anyone that has used them care
to comment on their performance, likes, dislikes, etc.