Cheep tool company that starts with an "H"

/ Cheep tool company that starts with an "H" #12  
I've bought a few things from Harbor Freight and have generally been satisfied. However, I did break a Harbor Freight shovel in an odd way. I was just digging holes in fairly soft dirt with a standard shovel from HF and while stepping on the shoulder to drive it into the ground the blade broke. I've broken shovel handles before, but never a blade. I was surprised at how brittle the metal seemed. I had an old Ames shovel with a broken handle, so now I have a Frankenstein shovel with an Ames blade and a HF handle.

Chuck

/ Cheep tool company that starts with an "H" #13  
I've bought a few things from Harbor Freight and have generally been satisfied. However, I did break a Harbor Freight shovel in an odd way. I was just digging holes in fairly soft dirt with a standard shovel from HF and while stepping on the shoulder to drive it into the ground the blade broke. I've broken shovel handles before, but never a blade. I was surprised at how brittle the metal seemed. I had an old Ames shovel with a broken handle, so now I have a Frankenstein shovel with an Ames blade and a HF handle.

Chuck

My wife managed to break one of my Craftsman shovels. It had a fiberglass handle with a lifetime warranty. Even though all of the decals had worn off and the only thing left that said anything was the handle grip that said Craftsman, Sears took it back and handed me a new without saying a word, other than "Wow, I've never seen one break like that."

I managed to break an Ames rake (lifetime warranty) that I had bought at Lowes. Took it back. They tried to give me the run around. Finally asked to speak to a manager. He at first balked, but I explained that Sears wouldn't do that and I would just go there and buy a new one and all of my tools there, he reluctantly walked back to the outdoor tool aisle and handed me a new one. Still left a bad feeling though. Much more pleasant deal with Sears.

/ Cheep tool company that starts with an "H" #14  
i have a friend that has a sears store: they tell him not to question broken tools, just replace them..they've replaced a hammer for me about 4 or 5 times because i break the wooden handle, but then i first bought that hammer 30 years ago..
heehaw

/ Cheep tool company that starts with an "H" #15  
Homier and Harbor freight get their stuff from the same place, CHINA

China is a big, big country, almost as much area as the US and more than 4 times the population.

There is no doubt that they make some junk, but they have come to the point where some of their stuff is as good as any in the world.

Sort of a mixed bag in the quality department, but dismissing it as "all the same and all cr@p" isn't really valid these days.

/ Cheep tool company that starts with an "H" #16  
Cheep tool company? Sounds like a chicken outfit.

/ Cheep tool company that starts with an "H" #17  
Is there any truth to the rumor that Harbor Freight will be sellin' Hummers next year?;)

/ Cheep tool company that starts with an "H" #18  
Only if they make Hummers in China.