Chinese digger recommendations

/ Chinese digger recommendations #31  
Welcome to TBN Doc70 - also add your general region of the country/state helps to suggest places to look at these machines.

I've been doing a similar comparison over the last few months and most of these machines are from the Shandong area of China. Some make the entire machine, others make some parts, but buy and assemble components. There are a few posts here on guys importing direct via Alibaba too.

What I have found is there are 3 classes/sizes - 1 Ton (8-900KG) 2 Ton (1800KG) and then you get into 2.5-4 ton machines which is what typically were the "mini ex" market over the last 10 years.

For the money the 1 tons are very capable - and you can find them at auctions for $4-6K today, They aren't meant to dig a big stump or do commercial work, but for small jobs a good choice. These machines have common parts and no electronics, so can be simple to fix. The bigger machines with two stage pumps and oilot controls have a bit more complexity.

I want something bigger/more capable, and seems the 2 ton machines with the pilot controls, two stage pump, oil cooler, filter etc. like the Typhon XVII are a good deal - they have an office in CA - but its mostly an import office I believe.

Then another importer is AGT in Chicago where a lot of the 1 ton and larger machines are sold and they also stock parts and seem to be pretty responsive. One machine they sell is the CFG-STE 35SR - its a 6200Lb Yanmar powered machine built by Shantui (who also makes other mini ex for big names) and they also make big construction machines. This unit is $25K so double the cost of the 2 ton - but the fit and finsih on the Shantui looks very good and reviews from owners agree.

Then you can look at Kymron (Texas)and Groundhog (PA) - they are importers based in the US that spec out a specific feature set to the China builder and import them, they check them out and do some mods/final assembly and deliver and warranty the units. They are in it for profit, so they will be 15-20% higher than auction prices,but offer peace of mind to those that don't want to either buy via Alibaba, or at auction (no warranty).

Just joined here after reading some threads on the cheap mini ex's. I started looking for a used name brand mini ex for some projects around my 5 acers in the 20k price range but everything I have found has been high HR clapped out junk and don't want to inherent someone else's problem.
I started looking at the one ton machines with the briggs and then that progressed to the two ton machines with the Kubota motors. I have not been looking for long but there seems that there is so little info on any of these machines from any maker or distributor. The one model that I have been looking at is the typhon xviii 2 ton with kubota D722 from a company on Ebay called Machineryasia. At 11,6 shipped it doesn't sound like a bad deal but spending that kinda money sight unseen kinda turns my stomach. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the brand or distributor? Any recommendations on where to look and brands?
First project will be about 150ft of french drain and I own 5 heavily wooded acres so a machine like this will get well used.
Thanks for any replies.
I have ordered and paid for the typhon 4000 xv11. Usaex.calif
It gas 722 Kubota but I was not aware of the 2stage pump ...there seems to be no information available...

/ Chinese digger recommendations #32  
I agree, for me stepping up to 18-26 is a looong stretch especially for something thats just going to be used around the homestead. 11,800 might be something I can justify although just seeing what these guys are doing on the smaller gas burners has me wondering what I really need.
I paid 11800 tax and all Wisconsin to the door.. wont get it till june 1 ...paid 3 15 paypal.. usaexcav...the reviews said got it in twelve days ect.. with hyd.thumb.. the selling points diesel bigger thumb cheap.
I looked for two more weeks trying find any specs so i wrote the following... some one here said dual pump?
I was going to buy accessories then I looked at flow rates for the auger ....I know nothing about this machine. Could I get specifications What are dimensions?
I have looked tried to find forums there is absolutely no information about this machine.
I looked on your links nothing...what pump ? what motors? What filters ?
What are dimensions?
If I have a bad roller have I just bought a paper weight. Spare parts?

/ Chinese digger recommendations #33  

There is lots of info on the 4000 XVII if you Google it.
1714252540099.png
18+8 L/min and such.

Most parts are available if you know what to look for.

/ Chinese digger recommendations #34  
There are a number of these Typhon and 4K machines/owners reviews on FB Chinese Excavators And Mini Skids - Mods And Reviews

Also most of these machines are built with standard materials and you can get replacement parts if needed with US parts.

You should plan to add a drive motor protector plate with 2" receiver hitch is a nice addition (see that on FB too) then change the fluids and filters in the first hour or so of operation.