Chinese digger recommendations

/ Chinese digger recommendations #11  
Yes, typically the diesel 2 ton (3500LB) units have hyd filter and oil cooler, with pilot controls (vs mechanical).

There aren't many here that have the 2 ton units, but Fredrik ordered one direct from China (for delivery early this year - but he hasn't posted results yet.

/ Chinese digger recommendations #12  
Yes, typically the diesel 2 ton (3500LB) units have hyd filter and oil cooler, with pilot controls (vs mechanical).

There aren't many here that have the 2 ton units, but Fredrik ordered one direct from China (for delivery early this year - but he hasn't posted results yet.
I'm not super familiar with the pilot controls, is that an electric computerized version, or are these some kind of cheaper version, where there is less mechanical energy needed to move the sticks?

/ Chinese digger recommendations
I completely understand. 7k quote for french drain, less than 1,000 for materials. rental is 1,200 plus fuel for a week and i'm on the clock to turn it back in. Right now I can think of a dozen things that I can use it for. When I say I understand, trust me I do. Two years ago I built a 30 x40 pole barn, had a contractor quote 15k for foundation and dirt work. At the time I thought that was outrageous and did the work myself. After all said and done it cost me 14k to do it myself. lesson learned?
I do have some regret over that but I kicked some a!! and got the job done, 30hrs on the skid over 3 days. Would I do it again knowing what I know now?
The plan was to mabe lose a grand over a year or two. Bought my tractor two years ago and the resale is actually more than I paid.

/ Chinese digger recommendations #14  
The plan was to mabe lose a grand over a year or two. Bought my tractor two years ago and the resale is actually more than I paid.
The 1-ton are basically use and toss machines. I would expect little resale value if any. Likely the heavier models are not much better. Tractors have a lot more people interested in having one. Pretty rare situation though to have a used piece of equipment rise in value. Artifact of inflationary times.

As other folks will mention hiring a contractor, renting equipment is always going be a better deal if those are readily available to you. However having your own equipment allows you to work to your own schedule.

On my pole barn project I didn't take the time to price the the job doing it myself. If I had hired the contractor I'm sure he would have lost money on the job.
I was kinda blown away when I looked up sales prices on my tractor the other day, I expected to see a 1-2k drop but like you said inflation. I looked up sale prices on my 2006 4runner and they are selling for more than what I paid 12 years ago, Stupid.
On the digger i'm not really looking for resale but a little more longevity with the 2 ton, Kubota motor etc.
For the most part I don't really see anybody who regrets picking one of these up. Thoughts?

The reason tractors get more lookers is price, if I could have had a good skid for 20k i'd have a skid. A skid is so much more versatile imo. On a property like mine a good skid and a quality mini-ex would be a game changer but unfortunately I can't swing that 150k coin.

/ Chinese digger recommendations #17  
The 1-ton are basically use and toss machines. I would expect little resale value if any. Likely the heavier models are not much better. Tractors have a lot more people interested in having one. Pretty rare situation though to have a used piece of equipment rise in value. Artifact of inflationary times.

As other folks will mention hiring a contractor, renting equipment is always going be a better deal if those are readily available to you. However having your own equipment allows you to work to your own schedule.
I disagree, I believe the 1 Ton Units have more "Any Hydraulic Store repair Part" will work, than the 2-3 ton Units. But time will tell.

Princess Auto will be my best friend for some time.

The Booms are Over Built, the Swing Motors are accessible, Pump is Off Shelf, Motor is a basic Briggs, or any other 13 or so HP.

I guess time will tell, but 1 Tons as "Throw Away or Toss" is a bit Harsh, if you have any mechanical knowledge

/ Chinese digger recommendations #18  
Check out K&R equipment. Or micro trackhoe.com. They seem to have great speced out machines at a good price.

/ Chinese digger recommendations #19  
I disagree, I believe the 1 Ton Units have more "Any Hydraulic Store repair Part" will work, than the 2-3 ton Units. But time will tell.

Princess Auto will be my best friend for some time.

The Booms are Over Built, the Swing Motors are accessible, Pump is Off Shelf, Motor is a basic Briggs, or any other 13 or so HP.

I guess time will tell, but 1 Tons as "Throw Away or Toss" is a bit Harsh, if you have any mechanical knowledge
Not meaning it to be harsh. Just being realistic as to resell value. Which is not to say that buyers for used can't be found. But what is the resale value for a lot of mass produced inexpensive Chinese built stuff?

/ Chinese digger recommendations #20  
Yes, I think it is worth the extra weight, power and utility. I am looking for the same thing - Diesel, Hydraulic cooler, Filter, a bit heavier but also have attachments like grading bucket, and Post hole digger that are reasonably priced. My analysis was the Typhon at $11,800 with the attachments was $13,500 all in delivered. 4,000 lbs Terror XVIII Mini Excavator, EPA Certified USA KUBOTA Diesel Machine | eBay

I figured if I sell in 3-4 years with 150 hour for $7-8K best case I'm only out $5K.

The machine the next step up as Matt pointed out is a good choice too at $18K for the Typhon x2 Storm - it is much heavier, has enclosed wheel motors, and is more of a commercial machine.

The other unit I like is this one STE35SR 2023 Mini Excavator 2.8 Ton Digger Tracked Crawler B&S EPA Engine New | eBay but at $26K and in 3-5 years might get 15-16K becomes hard to justify for what I need it for.
Don't know how they say that machine has a B&S engine in it? It's a Yanmar.
There is a good video comparison on YouTube with this machine and a couple others. If I remember, one negative was the thumb did not fully lay flat when out of use.
I self imported a Jiahe JH35 3.5 ton machine and have been very happy with it. I had a two month lull of no work because I broke my foot. Last week I started doing some work again with it again.