chippers: woods bearcat wallenstein

/ chippers: woods bearcat wallenstein #11  
Burn'em.

Less work, easier on your hearing, don't have to spend money on a chipper. No chipper to break down or maintain.

/ chippers: woods bearcat wallenstein #12  
Burn'em.

Less work, easier on your hearing, don't have to spend money on a chipper. No chipper to break down or maintain.

/ chippers: woods bearcat wallenstein
I will probably rent one for a while whilst I think about it. They don't appear as though requiring a great deal of maintenance. The problem I would have, besides of course the considerable cost, would be storing it. I have too much stuff as it is. But, I so hope to put up a pole barn where a cheap shed now exists,( and will rent the mixer for the pad).

The idea though of large-scale composting and having a big, organic vegetable garden appeals to me.

Dale

/ chippers: woods bearcat wallenstein
I will probably rent one for a while whilst I think about it. They don't appear as though requiring a great deal of maintenance. The problem I would have, besides of course the considerable cost, would be storing it. I have too much stuff as it is. But, I so hope to put up a pole barn where a cheap shed now exists,( and will rent the mixer for the pad).

The idea though of large-scale composting and having a big, organic vegetable garden appeals to me.

Dale

/ chippers: woods bearcat wallenstein #15  
Dale,
I agree that if you are looking to compost, than the wallenstein would not be the one you would want either. It is strickly for chipping. Chips do have their place as mulch, alot of that being visual,but as you know, they will take quite a while to break down. Good luck on whatever that you decide. If you ever want to just chip though, than I will still recomend the Wallenstein.
Daryle.

/ chippers: woods bearcat wallenstein #16  
Dale,
I agree that if you are looking to compost, than the wallenstein would not be the one you would want either. It is strickly for chipping. Chips do have their place as mulch, alot of that being visual,but as you know, they will take quite a while to break down. Good luck on whatever that you decide. If you ever want to just chip though, than I will still recomend the Wallenstein.
Daryle.

/ chippers: woods bearcat wallenstein #17  
Dale'
I have a bearcat 70554 which is the same as the woods 5000. If I had 5 large trees I would be thinking about renting a bigger chipper with power feed or hiring it out. I have the medium screen on my bearcat and the chips are finer that most commercial chippers. Even so I don't put the chips in with the compost. As far as maintence goes I replaced the belts when I got it and after that all I do is grease it and sharpen the blades every 10 hours. Also the way the bearcat/woods handles chips can be a pain on large jobs. You have to move the chips or reposition the machine and if you want to move the chips you have to load them into the trailer or truck. Still I am glad to have the bearcat.

Chris

/ chippers: woods bearcat wallenstein #18  
Dale'
I have a bearcat 70554 which is the same as the woods 5000. If I had 5 large trees I would be thinking about renting a bigger chipper with power feed or hiring it out. I have the medium screen on my bearcat and the chips are finer that most commercial chippers. Even so I don't put the chips in with the compost. As far as maintence goes I replaced the belts when I got it and after that all I do is grease it and sharpen the blades every 10 hours. Also the way the bearcat/woods handles chips can be a pain on large jobs. You have to move the chips or reposition the machine and if you want to move the chips you have to load them into the trailer or truck. Still I am glad to have the bearcat.

Chris

/ chippers: woods bearcat wallenstein #19  
You mentioned you sharpen your blades every 10 hours. Do you do that yourself - how exactly? I have the Bearcat 73554, and I'm real happy with it. It is a 5-inch chipper with a shredder hopper. It is similar to the 70554 except it has a built-in blower (very handy) and the chip size is adjusted with a lever.

/ chippers: woods bearcat wallenstein #20  
You mentioned you sharpen your blades every 10 hours. Do you do that yourself - how exactly? I have the Bearcat 73554, and I'm real happy with it. It is a 5-inch chipper with a shredder hopper. It is similar to the 70554 except it has a built-in blower (very handy) and the chip size is adjusted with a lever.