Chirping Hydraulic system

/ Chirping Hydraulic system
The linked file works. It is short. The chirping starts about 3 seconds into the video. Please review. Thanks!!

/ Chirping Hydraulic system #12  
The link did not work for me but I copied and pasted and it worked. Not long enough for me to understand what I heard but it definitely is there.
I reposted it for you.

The link did not work for me but I copied and pasted and it worked. Not long enough for me to understand what I heard but it definitely is there.
I reposted it for you.
Thanks and thanks for reviewing. The chirp is not there upon startup and then starts right before I say "there it is...." That is it. That is all the length I could get out of the phone. BA

/ Chirping Hydraulic system #14  
I suggest after checking trans pump GPM to isolate hyd components control valves. I think chirping noise is stroke control valve.

/ Chirping Hydraulic system #15  
Can the drive for the front pump easily be disconnected? If so, isolate the front pump that way and see if chirp is still there.

/ Chirping Hydraulic system #17  
Well, I think I uploaded a link to a movie w/ the chirping backhoe. Can you please check? Thanks for the inquiry!!

OK. That linked to a downloaded URL which turns out to be a your drop box....at first I thought I'd have to sign in, but I clicked it and it played. Short video, but it worked to hear the sound. "There it is"

First off, I hear the sound. I gotta say that my first impression was that the engine sounds good. Second, I've no idea what that tsking sound is. Does it change at all if you work the control lever? Mine made a sound sort of like that when it had a sticky cylinder - but it only did it at one point in the cylinder movement.
No idea what it is. Could it be a relief valve? Ice in the hydraulic oil?

My only idea would be to try it again on a warm day. Or else rig up a hydraulic T to a pressure gauge and see if the noise happens when the pressure fluxuates. Not sure what that would show, but all of us tractor guys ought to have a a pressure gauge on a QC "T" fitting that we can move around for diagnosis. My gauge simply lives on the tractor still in whatever line I checked last.
rScotty

/ Chirping Hydraulic system #18  
Oh.. one thing to check is to crawl under the tractor and look at the rubber suction line to the pump. See if it is seeping oil when sitting and not running. Look particularly at the ends of the rubber hose. If that hose it is wet on the ends when sitting, it may be sucking air when running. Mine was, but hadn't gotten to the point of making a sound.

OK. That linked to a downloaded URL which turns out to be a your drop box....at first I thought I'd have to sign in, but I clicked it and it played. Short video, but it worked to hear the sound. "There it is"

First off, I hear the sound. I gotta say that my first impression was that the engine sounds good. Second, I've no idea what that tsking sound is. Does it change at all if you work the control lever? Mine made a sound sort of like that when it had a sticky cylinder - but it only did it at one point in the cylinder movement.
No idea what it is. Could it be a relief valve? Ice in the hydraulic oil?

My only idea would be to try it again on a warm day. Or else rig up a hydraulic T to a pressure gauge and see if the noise happens when the pressure fluxuates. Not sure what that would show, but all of us tractor guys ought to have a a pressure gauge on a QC "T" fitting that we can move around for diagnosis. My gauge simply lives on the tractor still in whatever line I checked last.
rScotty
"change when worked controls"? No, however at idle once, one of the leveling arms had bled off and I raised it and it raised rather jerkily in sync with the chirping sound. No sound change though. Has plenty of power otherwise and chirp speed increases with engine speed. The video is a warm day. Ran it some in the cold, but the chirp was the same. Thanks. I will start inspecting the relief valves. I understand some are electric.

Oh.. one thing to check is to crawl under the tractor and look at the rubber suction line to the pump. See if it is seeping oil when sitting and not running. Look particularly at the ends of the rubber hose. If that hose it is wet on the ends when sitting, it may be sucking air when running. Mine was, but hadn't gotten to the point of making a sound.
Great idea!! Thanks. I am snowed under right now but will do so in the spring. I may dig it out so it is only snowy and cold instead of soaking wet, and cold. !! That is a very good point as I can tell from some of the other condition of systems that it was likely neglected or has failed with old fashioned time. BA