Christmas dinner... What are you cooking..

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Christmas dinner is a big deal in this house and the traditional dinner is Standing Rib Roast with mashed potatoes, carrots cooked with the roast, gravy, a vegetable (this year will be green beans and a salad. Standing rib from the freezer from the side I had butchered this fall, carrots, potatoes and green beans from the garden, green beans from the deep freeze and potatoes from the root cellar. Basically everything from off the farm except the beverages. Pretty much a family tradition here. and always eat too much which requires an after dinner nap...

What are you having for dinner on Christmas eve?

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #2  
For us, Christmas has become more about being together than food...Thanksgiving is about the food for us. That being said, we make a bunch of desserts and candies to sample while new play board games. 'Meals' are more like snack trays of smoked meats, cheeses, hummus, olives, veggies, crackers and the like.

Most of the kids are out of the house, so big meals would turn into leftovers.?

If I make anything this year it will be enchilada casserole (hot dish for my northern peeps). Kids love it and it reheats well.

The beef sounds good. I normally eat low carb, so that will be awesome after the holidays. Peace and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #3  
Tortiere (French Canadian meat pie), coleslaw, potatoes, gravy, etc. Grass fed pork & beef for the meat pie, everything else from garden.
Small gathering as son & family can’t make it due Covid19 restrictions/daughter & family can.
Will have goose Boxing Day.

Merry Christmas, enjoy the holidays & hope that the New Year finds everyone well. Fingers crossed that 22 sees things return to some semblance of sanity.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking..
Empty nesters here. Just the wife and myself. Kids live a thousand miles from here so presents sent via Fed-Ex.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #5  
Empty nesters here. Just the wife and myself. Kids live a thousand miles from here so presents sent via Fed-Ex.
Kids have lots of running around to do with their families. So.... we always plan on breakfast at the eldest sons house Christmas morning. Then everyone bails to go to their other engagements.

We make sure and get everyone to our place for Thanksgiving dinner and don't even try to compete at Christmas.

Work gave us each an order from one of the big mail order meat suppliers with 8 or 9 different food options. So I chose the spiral cut honey ham, mashed taters, green been casserole, and apple tartlets. Tartlets are more of after dinner snack, so I'm gonna make a Dutch apple pie as well

Coworker got the spiral cut ham as well and already ate his. Said it was really good. So that made me feel more comfortable with my choice. I've heard mixed reviews from some of the other options and wasn't really impressed with my choice last year.

Last year was a bacon wrapped filet, as well as butterfly pork chops, burgers, dogs, and chicken breasts. The only thing good was the filets. The burgers reminded me of the Bubba burgers from Sam's club. The chicken breast and chops were paper thin and had the consistency of card board. And the hot dogs were absolutely disgusting and were tossed out after 1 bite. Even the dog wouldn't touch the hot dogs.

Gonna thaw out the ham tomorrow, and heat everything up Christmas day for my wife and I for dinner.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #6  
My family is a 1000 miles away so I spend Christmas Day at my church food pantry handing out a bunch of food to needy families. My menu for the day is helping others and reading GOD’s perfect word.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #7  
I've been nominated to cook ribs.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #8  
Ham and a turkey breast. Squash and green bean casserole. For dessert; cheesecake with home grown raspberry sauce

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #9  
Christmas not a big deal for us, just me and the wife. We still plan to do a small turkey, green bean casserole, baked potatoes and a squash pie. Other than the pie, I'll probably do most of the cooking.
We'll make soup from the trimmings/bones and have leftovers for a week. I love hot turkey sandwiches (turkey, gravy, onions, peppers & mushrooms over bread).

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #10  
I smoked a turkey breast today while I was on the tractor. My older kids have the covid and I won't get to see them for another week. Don't know what will be cooked when we are able to get together.