Cistern Tank Installation

/ Cistern Tank Installation
Tank lowered down the hole.

Attachments

• 842439-Tank Set 5.JPG
    842439-Tank Set 5.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 476
Another angle to show the size of this monster.

Attachments

• 842442-Tank Set 6.JPG
    842442-Tank Set 6.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 852
I called our local "Aquaman" he delivered 1700 gallons of mountain water. Took him about 15 minuets to pump it all in.

Attachments

• 842450-Fill Tank with water.JPG
    842450-Fill Tank with water.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 595
Here are the hose connections - no leaks /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 842452-Hose Connections.JPG
    842452-Hose Connections.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 480
Water lines going into basement

Attachments

• 842454-Hose Connections 0.JPG
    842454-Hose Connections 0.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 465
Finally - a shot of my lovely wife backfilling. She was the photographer of the project, the master dirt mover form one pile to another, Tank forwoman, & Chief refreshment provider.

Now She wants to know if we need to move any more dirt, She really likes that Jinma (me too).

LAST ATTACHMENT - PROJECT DONE /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 842461-Filling HoleEsti .JPG
    842461-Filling HoleEsti .JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 593
   / Cistern Tank Installation #17  
Wow, great project and terrific photos. Very helpful. I was thinking of putting in a cistern to collect sump pump water and use it for watering trees and the way back yard. Probably a bit smaller!

Thanks for posting this.

Cliff

/ Cistern Tank Installation #18  
nice pics. looks like you had fun, and a great helper/camera woman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Cistern Tank Installation #19  
Just a curiosity question -do you have a vacuum breaker on the line between the well and the tank to backup the check valve to prevent siphoning back to the well?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( -do you have a vacuum breaker on the line between the well and the tank to backup the check valve to prevent siphoning back to the well? )</font>

I did not install a vacuum breaker because the way the system is plumbed, the well water is a separate circuit. There is a 24 volt solenoid valve that turns on / off a water valve from the well pressure tank that goes into the cistern tank. When the valve opens, well water is allowed to flow (under pressure) into the cistern tank through a check valve, when the solenoid valve closes there is no back flow from the cistern tank back to the well pressure tank
1. Because the solenoid is closed and
2. There is a check valve.

I think this should be sufficient protection? Besides that, the water in the tank is from the well anyway, they are one in the same or is this not correct thinking?

Basically the Cistern tank is like a huge capacitor, well water fills the tank very slowly 24/7 then we pump the cistern water through the house plumbing. Water is filtered from the well before entering the cistern tank then it is filtered again as it is pumped out of the cistern tank into the house Then it goes through a water softener and for drinking / cooking water we have a Reverse Osmosis system in the kitchen.